Makeup resolutions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of you are saying you need to stop buying makeup...well I need to start ! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanna experiment with different colours and brands, and have a nice big stash of makeup : D

Most of you live in the US so you have MAC and Sephora stores near you, and if you don't you can buy it on the internet and get it in a couple days...but I live in Belgium and not only is it expensive, it takes ages to get here
frown.gif

I have a few... to learn how to apply my fluidlines... I usually always give up, i don't have a steady hand.

I also want to stop buying makeup. I'm so much better already, I used to buy all the e/s from every MAC collection from the last year. Like, all the c-shock e/s etc. I only really liked 2 colors out of all of them, but I bought them all. I didn't buy from a MAC collection since October now. I'm proud of myself.

I am ONLY buying from MAC collections if I check the stuff out in person. This should cut my purchases down to almost nothing.

I will definitely try MAC this year! At 44 it's about time. Don't you think?

All of you considering not buying anymore makeup congratulations! Your current makeup stash will last for YEARS! I'm speaking from experience. This is why I only have been adding to my collection for the past couple of years. I went for years without really buying any makeup except for mascara, powder and foundation. Now with MT I know what I want to try out before I buy!!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm going to buy up all the makeup that I see! LOL! Kidding...
smile.gif
Ooh, I like that resolution!

I'm going to be more adventurous with e/s colours this year. I've stuck with browns and silver/greys for waaaaaay too long!

I'm going to use brighter, bolder colors. I'm 15 and I can do those sort of things...so why not?

Ellen Marie

Originally Posted by lummerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would like to buy a full spectrum light bulb for makeup application and a huge giant stand up mirror so i'm not constantly hunching over the sink.... The full spectrum light bulb sounds like a brill idea. I need a vanity table myself - can't manage to stand up and lean against the sink that well. I have astigmatism - I can do make-up without contacts in, but it HURTS after a while trying to get close enough to the mirror to see - no fun attempting eyeliner on tip-toes.

Originally Posted by Isa /img/forum/go_quote.gif All of you are saying you need to stop buying makeup...well I need to start ! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I wanna experiment with different colours and brands, and have a nice big stash of makeup : D

Most of you live in the US so you have MAC and Sephora stores near you, and if you don't you can buy it on the internet and get it in a couple days...but I live in Belgium and not only is it expensive, it takes ages to get here
frown.gif

I don't live in the US now, despite my flag. You know, there are some good mineral makeup companies (Lumiere, MAD, The She Space, Silk Naturals come instantly to mind) that do not charge a fortune to ship overseas (2$ - 7$ US), and make some incredible colours and great quality in eyeshadows, blushes, glow powders, finishing powders, even lippies, and the prices are great - 2$ or so for a good-size sample eyeshadow, maybe 5$ or 6$ for a full-size, a blush is 6$ - 8$, ditto with foundation, finishing powder, bronzer, etc., and lippies are about 4$.
It's come a looong way since BE, in other words.

If you're comfortable using brushes for application, and working with loose powders, it's a fairly painless way to build up your collection - and you'll find some great dupes of things like MAC, Chanel, NARS, and Bobbi Brown, as well as original colours. If I had to pay department store prices, I'd have about - nothing? right now. At least try it with the eyeshadows and blushes - it's awfully hard to go wrong on those with any of the companies I've listed - great pigmentation, and they last all day. Plus the MAD samples at 2$ are enough to last ages - all the samples are except The She Space, but Heather makes such great pigments I buy full sizes only from her (samples are only 0.50$ though). Silk Naturals doesn't do E/S samples, but their blush samples are in 5 gm jars, usually packed full, and cost 0.75$. It's enough to last a month or two even if you used the same blush every day. How can you miss?

It doesn't make the post office or customs any faster, but usually they're good about packaging in small parcels so you don't get dinged badly with customs and tax. Definitely worth it if you're on a budget.

To buy more MAC stuff, i have like maybe 3 MAC eyeshadows!

To wash my face before I go to sleep everynight (although i must say my skin is REALLY good considering i usually forget to do this)

To wear eyeshadow more often since I'm usually in a rush to go to work and look "blah"

To find the "perfect" foundation

To save up to buy more MAC brushes

To wear yellow and oranges (always wanted to but just never bought any, i ordered a pretty orange one the other day, yay!)

To wear fake eyelashes more often just because its fun

To remember to ALWAYS wear mascara, i've been getting very good at that thanks to this site!

Try one new look that I've never tried before, we'll see.

Mine is to wear my contacts more often so I can wear e/s. Otherwise it just gets lost behind my glasses.

To wear more makeup.. I only wear it on special occasions (read, once or twice a year!) and I'd really like to start wearing it more often. I started getting a small collection together of the basics, nothing crazy
smile.gif

I'd like to sort out my skin so I have a nice canvas for my makeup. It's never been to bad but I have a bit of a problem T-zone. I've been working on this over the last couple of months though and have seen a big difference already :)

Other than that I need to buy a bit less as I get too easily tempted to spending half my money on makeup. Particularly from ebay because I can get things cheaper but then end up buying twice as much.

I also want to perfect my eyeliner technique. Love doing dramatic liner, especially arabic styles for nights out and I've pretty much gotten the hang of it but there's always room for improvement.

To only buying and using makeup that will be beneficial to my skin.. oh and to use sunscreen!

How is everyone doing? Here is an update on my MU resolution

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif What are your make up resolutions? Is there something that you plan on doing this year that is different? Maybe wear colorful eye shadows or perhaps try using a liquid liner.
Post them here!

Its been almost one month and I have probably done a full MU face 20 of those days. At least every day that I went to work. I also have a new appreciation for liquid liner. Found a couple of great products (Anabelle and Bourjois) and reconnected with some old friends (Fluidliners & BB Gel Liners).

because i'm getting older i worry that i will start to look like norma desmond in sunset blvd! a very scary thought, so i want to continue to simplify my routine. my goal, 10 minute makeup that's natural looking and age appropriate.

Well Number One is wear more makeup, more often!! Lol. That's a given, but sometime difficult for me to pull off.. .. But Secondly, I need to work on my skin.. It sucks and old age is winning...
frown.gif

Back