Makeup Routine

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was working on three television series during the pandemic lockdowns, and currently working on one right now.

At first it was wearing a lot of PPE, (face shields / goggles, masks, gloves, gowns), social distancing, and the usual hygienic and area sanitation protocols which we had in place before COVID.

Now two years in, and armed with a better understanding of how SARS / COVID works, the use of PPE is down to just wearing masks, our usual hygienic and sanitation protocols have remained in place. We now use air filtration systems (Air Movers for short) in all spaces, so now social distancing is self-monitored and not "heavily" enforced. Despite a 95%+ double vaccination rate, everyone still has to do the usual mandatory COVID testing three times a week.

Having said all that, my make-up application routines are pretty much the same as before COVID. Just everyone is more aware of make-up sanitation procedures and protocols now.

Thanks for sharing your experience. And yes, all those routines must not be affected especially when it comes to hygiene and sanitation practices.

First of all, I want to mention that my skin condition became worse because of the masks and the stress. And I can divide my makeup routine during a pandemic into three stages. The first one - is no makeup stage at all. I decided to let my skin rest for a little, and I didn't see the point of wearing makeup if you sit at home or go to the store with a mask on. Second stage - only eye makeup. I watched a lot of videos with different eye makeups and decided to improve my skills. Because eyes can always be seen, and I can say that I started to like how I look with only eye makeup, without a full face. And the third stage is full face "no makeup" makeup. During the first lockdown and after it, I had a lot of free time to try different products and see how this or that worked for me. And now I have an amazing makeup routine, which helps my skin looks amazing, without tons of cosmetic products.

Wake up in the morning take a bath and then start your makeup routine like that.

Start with moisturizer.
No matter what your skin type (dry, oily, or combination), it’s important to hydrate both morning and night.

Pat on Your Primer
While you don’t need a makeup primer all the time, it really helps keep your makeup on—especially on a busy or warm day.

Apply Foundation
You can apply foundation with your fingers, a makeup sponge, or a foundation brush.

Conceal Where You Want More Coverage
Just like foundation, you can apply concealer with either a makeup brush or sponge or just your fingers, but a brush will give you a bit more full coverage.

Highlight the High Points
A makeup look isn’t complete without highlighter. You can go for either a swipe so blinding you can see it from space, or simply a natural-looking glow.

I bought all my makeup kits and items from kraumetikbrush website because it's cheaper for me you can also try them if you like.

Back