Makeup Shelf Life

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
~Here's a Handy Chart to remind you when
it's time to read a product its last rights!~

Eye Shadow 12-18 months
Eye Pencils 12-18 months
Mascara 6-12 months
Concealer 12-18 months
Skin Tone Corrector 6-12 months
Foundation 6-12 months
Loose Powder 12-18 months
Pressed Powder 12-18 months
Powder Blush 12-18 months
Cream Powder Blush 12-18 months
Brush on Brow 12-18 months
Brow Set 6-12 months
Lip Pencils 12-18 months
Lipstick 12-18 months

You know, I think the only thing I would get rid of on a regular basis would be creamy stuff like foundation and cream blush. I regularly toss my mascara after 3 months. I have so much stuff that if I tossed it after a year and a half, I'd be out so much money! If it changes color, texture, or smells funny, I toss it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme You know, I think the only thing I would get rid of on a regular basis would be creamy stuff like foundation and cream blush. I regularly toss my mascara after 3 months. I have so much stuff that if I tossed it after a year and a half, I'd be out so much money! If it changes color, texture, or smells funny, I toss it.
smile.gif
I wonder about lotions and skin creams. They seem to go bad kind of fast! Eye shadow and lipstick last me forever!Lotion seems to separate except for the really good stuff like Eucerine. I think Eucerine is as basic to the bathroom as flour is to the kitchen!

124banner4.gif

I know I should follow this with my loose and pressed powder but it's hard. If I still have some left, I just use it all until I have to dig in the corners. LOL

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki I know I should follow this with my loose and pressed powder but it's hard. If I still have some left, I just use it all until I have to dig in the corners. LOL LOL... been there done that. When it's good, you use every bit. Just like .. um... chocolate! Heh
124banner11.jpg

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme You know, I think the only thing I would get rid of on a regular basis would be creamy stuff like foundation and cream blush. I regularly toss my mascara after 3 months. I have so much stuff that if I tossed it after a year and a half, I'd be out so much money! If it changes color, texture, or smells funny, I toss it.
smile.gif
Totally agree with Feisty..I replace my mascara regularly(every 2- 3 months if it's not gone)..Other then that I have shadows,powders that are 14+ yrs old..Still good.

Originally Posted by allisong Totally agree with Feisty..I replace my mascara regularly(every 2- 3 months if it's not gone)..Other then that I have shadows,powders that are 14+ yrs old..Still good. Yes, I am the same way with mascara, I don't play around with the eyes like that.

I get rid of my mascara regularly, though it's not every three months. More like 6+ months. I know...bad bad bad!! But all my powder products have lasted WAY longer than the timeframes listed. I just keep them until I get bored with them.

I forgot to add that I liberally use my facial skincare products because they do lose their effectiveness over time. I'd hate to skimp and have my creams lose their potency before I finish.

Latest posts

Back