Makeup tips From Bobbi Brown

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=392 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=beautytitle colSpan=2>Real-Life Beauty with Bobbi Brown</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=2> </TD><TD class=bodytext style="PADDING-LEFT: 14px" vAlign=top>Face Facts

Have these makeup tips led you astray?

Bobbi Brown </TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 14px" vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=600><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=bodytext>I bet you've collected many beauty tips over the years. While some may be excellent, others should be taken as fiction, not fact. Here's a rundown.

Fiction: Concealer is for blemishes.

Fact: Concealer is for lightening dark undereye circles and is not meant for blemishes. Since it is one or two shades lighter than your skin tone, it will draw attention to the blemish. The best way to hide blemishes is to spot-apply a foundation stick or cover-up that matches your skin tone exactly.

Fiction: Translucent powder is transparent and works for all skin tones.

Fact: Translucent powder is actually a pale grayish pink tone that can make skin look pasty. Warm yellow tones of powder are the most flattering because they add warmth and light to your face.

Fiction: Apply blush on the hollows of cheeks to create the look of cheekbones.

Fact: Blush is designed to add healthy color to your face, not definition. For the most flattering look: Smile, and brush it on the apples of your cheeks, moving back toward the hairline, then down to blend.

Fiction: Use foundation on eyelids so makeup lasts.

Fact: Foundation makes eye makeup cake and crease. Pale yellow powder dusted onto bare lids is the best bet for making eye shadow adhere.

Fiction: Line inside eyelids to make eyes look bigger.

Fact: Any ophthalmologist will tell you not to do this because you run the risk of infection or accidentally poking yourself in the eye. The best way to make eyes look bigger is by lining as close as possible along the upper and lower lash lines, making sure the lines meet at the outer corner.

Fiction: Always apply lip pencil before lipstick.

Fact: For the most natural look, line lips after applying lipstick, and blend if needed with a lip brush. The exception is when I need to create really long-lasting color. In this case, I line and fill in lips with pencil first, then layer lipstick over it.

Fiction: You can make your lips look bigger by lining outside your natural lip line.

Fact: It looks unnatural when you try to create features you don't have. To make small lips look fuller, wear medium to light lip colors, or use lip gloss. Shades that are too dark make small lips look even smaller.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well holy lord.. i just learnt some amazing things from that one article Diane!

1. I never knew concealer was only for under eyes

2. I always sucked in my cheeks when applying blush rather than just smiling

3. I've often used foundation was an e/s base when i run out, i'll use powder in future

4. Fill entire lip with pencil for long lasting lipstick

This is such a useful article. I don't always agree w/her philosophies on makeup, but these basics are something that many women could follow. Just wish some would more than others.

I learned more then anything about makeup now from your article. thanks for sharing diane...
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for posting! Now I can stop trying to figure out how to contour!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I saw this lady this weekend who tries to define her cheeks too much... now I completely agree with Bobbi Brown on that.

i heard that you can use a bronzer under your cheekbones to define and make them look more hollow, then use blush on the apples and sweep up to your temple/hairline like she says.

be careful, you could end up looking like jeesica simpson last night with all the bronzer on her cheeks!

Latest posts

Back