Makeup without looking like makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f91...ark-62978.html i mentioned in this thread how to apply makeup if you're dark skinned

just follow those steps and remember to

*line eye with an eyeliner 2 shades lighter than your natural one (makes eyes look bigger) all around

*line the outeer 'v' of your eye with a dark brown shade (to give your eyes a better shape)

*use soft mascara in a natural color like dark brown...black is too severe & curl

*a good idea (although you don't have to) is to put a shimmery highlighter on your eyes

*use a darker color like deep burgundy and sweep on eyelid (make sure the color is close to your complexion)

*blend

*use clear or nude colored gloss

*use natural colored lipliner (optional)

Originally Posted by BeautifullyMADE /img/forum/go_quote.gif [http://z.about.com/d/horror/1/0/R/W/gabrielle1a_500.jpg...found this on google[

Hi. Is it just me, but does Gabrielle makeup too light for her skin? You can see the streaks on her nose and elsewhere on her face. It's in the other pic too. But anyways, I want to say that you have a very beautiful skin and suggest using no heavy makeup, because you don't need it. Instead invest in a tinted moisturizer a shade closet to your skin, try just curling your lashes and applying one coat of mascara (being that you want to look as natural as possible), Try using nude shades in browns and golds. Apply the darker shade (brown) closer to the lashline. Blend the colors with your forefinger to really give you an effortless look. I do this routine on a daily basis and it works for me all the time. Alot of people don't even know that I wear makeup! * Something I love is adding bronzer to the cheeks instead of blush. *

Oooh thanks!! I will definitely try this!

Thanks for the tips ladies, please keep the replies coming!

I just went "natural" today. Here's what I did:

A BIT of foundation only on a few scars here and there. If they weren't there, or you don't have any - skip that.

Brown liquid liner and I made a thin line only on top lid. Mascara.

I used MAC shroom on the lids or if you want to go like Gabriel... use MAC Patina (or a light shade of brown) all over lid. And then MAC Honesty (or a shimmery brown/gold shade) on the brow bone. And a semi-dark brown, going lightly on the crease - maybe like, one good swipe and then blend. With a white/gold shade... dab a bit in your inner coner eyes to brighten them up.

I love L'Oreal's True Blend blush because they base the color that would look most natural to your skin. I dab the brush on it lightly and use it on my cheek.

Finally, chapstick or try MAC tendertones for lips.

Originally Posted by BeautifullyMADE /img/forum/go_quote.gif [http://z.about.com/d/horror/1/0/R/W/gabrielle1a_500.jpg...found this on google

Hi. Is it just me, but does Gabrielle makeup too light for her skin?
kopfkratz.gif
You can see the streaks on her nose and elsewhere on her face. It's in the other pic too.
smile.gif

the first pic looks fine to me, but in the second pic she does appear a bit ashy.

Hi. Is it just me, but does Gabrielle makeup too light for her skin?
kopfkratz.gif
You can see the streaks on her nose and elsewhere on her face. It's in the other pic too.
smile.gif

i think she looks fine in the first pic, but shes does look a bit ashy in the second pic.

Just a tinted mositerizer a sheer gloss, some blush to give a little extra color, mascara, line the upper lash line and throw a neutral color on the lid that matches your skin tone

Gabriells MU has not been blended properly in the second pic. You can see where the highlighting was done--center nose, cheek bones, etc

Is it just me who cant do the natural look? It doesnt seem right. I feel naked without my eyeshadows n lipsticks the colors I usually wear.

Latest posts

Back