Makeup without looking like makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is your formula for natural looking makeup?

I am assuming neutral eye, nude lip, mascara but that isn't enough for me. What do you do?

ETA: something like this is what i mean

42-17421110.jpg

WOW You look great!!! Wish I could look natrual without all the makeup but then again natural for ME is not the same as natural for you!! lol So i need all the makeup i can get!! hehe

Karren

if i want to go for natural when i'm going for school, i won't put on eye shadow.. a little blush, and mascara (if i'm wearing contacts)..

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif WOW You look great!!! Wish I could look natrual without all the makeup but then again natural for ME is not the same as natural for you!! lol So i need all the makeup i can get!! hehe
Karren

i don't think that's her lolthat looks like a pic of actress gabrielle union

unsure.gif

gabrielle1a_500.jpg

...found this on google

Try only using concealor,mineral makeup,matte eyeshadow,mascara,matte lipstick and very little gloss.

I would consider using your foundation, a bronzer and a nice blush color. I'd wear a clear or a very light gloss, and some mascara or some medium length lashes and you're done.

Going natural takes practice in my opinion.

As an African American woman, I love doing the natural look...

*Prepare face as ususal with concealer under eyes, and foundation if you wear it*

-I would go with a matte nude e/s with a soft brown in the crease, maybe a soft black/deep brown eyeliner like Gabrielle Union's. And a soft black mascara

-For my cheeks I would go with sheer bronzer/blush (softly highlighting the cheeks, temple, forehead)

-Lips, put concealer/foundation around the lips and slighty over the lips then line with a nude or soft brown lip pencil and fill with a nude/soft pink lipgloss.

Good Luck!!!

First cover up everything you want to hide with foundation then use bronzer to give your skin a natural look. It is like adding some color and imperfections back on top of a perfect surface.

usually flawless skin, a neutral shadow, a pinky beigey blush, mascara and a clear gloss.

it never works cause no matter what i use i can never seem to get my face flawless.

I use cream foundation by Max Factor and some blush with brown eyeliner instead of the usual black and ONE coat of mascara.

I wear blush! I notice that the person in the picture you posted is, too. When it's done right it just lights up your complexion.

[http://z.about.com/d/horror/1/0/R/W/gabrielle1a_500.jpg

...found this on google

Hi. Is it just me, but does Gabrielle makeup too light for her skin?
kopfkratz.gif
You can see the streaks on her nose and elsewhere on her face. It's in the other pic too. But anyways, I want to say that you have a very beautiful skin and suggest using no heavy makeup, because you don't need it. Instead invest in a tinted moisturizer a shade closet to your skin, try just curling your lashes and applying one coat of mascara (being that you want to look as natural as possible), Try using nude shades in browns and golds. Apply the darker shade (brown) closer to the lashline. Blend the colors with your forefinger to really give you an effortless look. I do this routine on a daily basis and it works for me all the time. Alot of people don't even know that I wear makeup! * Something I love is adding bronzer to the cheeks instead of blush. *
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif WOW You look great!!! Wish I could look natrual without all the makeup but then again natural for ME is not the same as natural for you!! lol So i need all the makeup i can get!! hehe
Karren

I wish that was me!! lol thats an actress. BUT that is the look i am going for.
Thanks for the replies ladies!

Days I want to look like I'm not wearing make up, I'm just very minimal with my make up. Usually I'll wear a bit of concealer to cover up my problem spot and maybe a sheer foundation to even out my skin tone. Lately, however, I'll just use a light coat of my mineral make up. I'll put on the minimal amount of bronzer/illuminator/blush etc. to make my skin look healthy and make up free. I'll put on a bit of mascara and either a sheer natural lipstick (most of mine like this are moisturising and have an spf, so that's the only reason for them), or I'll leave my lips bare.

I apply my base MU as normal, and then just use mascara, line my waterline, and some gloss. IF I decide to use blush, I use something tonal and almost nude, like NARS Zen.

as you get older the natural look takes a bit more work.

i start with posner corrective cover cream applied with a damp sponge.

next prescriptives custom blend w/foundation brush and let sit for about 5 minutes.

blot with tissue and follow w/physicians formula bronzer in multi.

line lips w/tropez in buttered rum and duwop vemon gloss in lantana

great lash mascara in dark brown on brows (be sure to remove excess mascara from brush for a more natural look)

great lash mascara in blackest black for lashes.

this is pretty much my everyday look. no blush, no eyeliner, no shadow.

Originally Posted by Retro-Violet /img/forum/go_quote.gif usually flawless skin, a neutral shadow, a pinky beigey blush, mascara and a clear gloss.
it never works cause no matter what i use i can never seem to get my face flawless.

Thanks RV,

any rec's for a pinky beigy blush?

Latest posts

Back