Makeup without titanium dioxide

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
From looking at the thread about looking white-ish in pictures, I want to ask the question..

Are there any foundations that don't have titanium dioxide. Seeing as I have olivey skin, I can tell that I look a little chalky with foundation on no matter what it is and I know they all have that stuff in there. I probably would have more natural results rubbing dirt on my skin.

isn't that the main ingredient in sunscreen? if you're looking for a sunscreen that won't leave you chalky try rx for brown skin protect and defend spf15. their sunscreen goes on clear! i just ordered it for myself from sephora. which foundation are you using now that's giving you that chalky look?

Originally Posted by chococat123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Maybe you can try Mineral makeup. I'm pretty sure most mmu's contain titanium dioxide for spf.

Well I'm not looking for a sunscreen, cause regular stuff can be rubbed in and not look like anything, but the foundations turn me pink or gray.

Right now I am using Zhen matte foundation in bamboo and Maybelline dream matte mousse in medium 2.5. The maybelline doesn't turn white, but it does have a pink cast to it but it works on my forehead and i use the zhen on my cheeks. The zhen even though it is the closest thing to my color, it still have a gray look somewhat.

titanium dioxide gets on my nerves.

sounds like a color match at the prescriptives counter may be in order. you don't have to purchase the makeup, but it would be good to find out what your undertone are, then you can at least narrow down you choices. the color they use to make the base can make all the difference in the world especially when you have a deeper skintone.

Epic Mineral Beauty doesn't use titanium dioxide in any of their products. Or mica. They do it for supposed health reasons.

Latest posts

Back