MakeupTalk Upgrade complete

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As you can see, MakeupTalk has some minor changes with our upgrade now complete.
claps.gif

The first thing you'll might notice is some Javascript errors in the editor(not being able to click smilies or fonts...etc). These are caused by your browser having the old versions of the scripts stored in their cache. Simply hit the refresh button(F5) on pages that show an error and the errors should go away.

It's also important that you hit refresh on a showthread.php page before you try to use the quick reply
quickreply.gif
feature, as some of the code behind this has been changed.

You will notice some changes on a bunch of things. If you have any questions, post them up in the tech support forums here

Holy guacamole Tony.. The speed MuT moves at now for me is unbelievable, i LOVE it! Thanks
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh are you seeing a large speed increase? Great.
WHo else is seeing MUT moving faster (page loadings etc) since our upgrade?

Me!

I see my replies posted more quickly, almost instantaneously, but I haven't noticed a difference in how long it takes MUT to load when I first come on or something!

Originally Posted by girl_geek

I see my replies posted more quickly, almost instantaneously, but I haven't noticed a difference in how long it takes MUT to load when I first come on or something!

Yes, those quick replies are the new AJAX implementation. AJAX is (Asynchronous Javascript and XML) allows your browser to send data to and receive data from a server's database without reloading the current page. This technology is soo CUTTING EDGE and HOT!
THanks GG

Cool, it looked like it wasn't reloading the page, but I hadn't heard of AJAX before! I'm not too up on web technology, but now that I am starting to apply for jobs, I kind of wish I was!
icon_redface.gif

Yes, you might have not noticed, but when you hit reply or quick reply, it loaded the page. Well, now it doesn't have to. Another cool thing is this: Have you gone to the "forumdisplay" page like this one: https://forum.makeuptalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11 and looked for a thread that YOU started? Find one and double click the white area just to the right of the title of that thread.
wink.gif
Ajax!

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Oh are you seeing a large speed increase? Great.
WHo else is seeing MUT moving faster (page loadings etc) since our upgrade?

Loving it!

Latest posts

Back