Making loose eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've been looking at TKB nonstop lately, and I was wondering about Fractionated Coconut Oil. I believe the site says that you can  add it to loose shadows for less "dust" and such. Does anyone know if the oil will spoil, mold, pick up bacteria and other nasties if added to shadows? Or do I need to add a preservative if so? 

i don't know about fractionated CO or adding it to makeup, but CO in general has antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal properties (if memory serves me correctly).  it melts at body temp, and i've used it for many things (in my coffee, on my feet, etc).  i've never kept mine anywhere but the cabinet and never worried about ingesting it.  i googled fractionated CO and a soapmaking site came up.  it said it has "essentially an infinite shelf life."

hope that helps a little.  if not, feel free to disregard :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

kris

Ohhh, that's neat! Sounds really promising, even if I don't use it for makeup it sounds like it has a ton of uses, I think I'll try it after all.

Thank you! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by WiscoMama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i don't know about fractionated CO or adding it to makeup, but CO in general has antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal properties (if memory serves me correctly).  it melts at body temp, and i've used it for many things (in my coffee, on my feet, etc).  i've never kept mine anywhere but the cabinet and never worried about ingesting it.  i googled fractionated CO and a soapmaking site came up.  it said it has "essentially an infinite shelf life."

hope that helps a little.  if not, feel free to disregard :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

kris

Yeah, I'm wondering if their spam filter got me or something. Unfortunately I got no reply. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried asking them?  They are usually very quick with their responses

Latest posts

Back