Male Birthday Gifts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in need of a birthday present for a guy friend. Nothing too personal, just something to say I care and so he could enjoy. I know I should be concentrating on the relationship aspect of the gift, but we aren't there yet.

Any suggestions (Tony) anyone? I haven't bought a gift for a guy in a while, so I need some ideas. I'm drawing a complete blank.

Originally Posted by Sofia I am in need of a birthday present for a guy friend. Nothing too personal, just something to say I care and so he could enjoy. I know I should be concentrating on the relationship aspect of the gift, but we aren't there yet.
Any suggestions (Tony) anyone? I haven't bought a gift for a guy in a while, so I need some ideas. I'm drawing a complete blank.

What are his hobbies/interests??? If he had extra $$ - what do you think he would buy with it??
icon_wink.gif
Maybe a gift card to his favorite store... or to the movies... (2 tickets
wink.gif
) or something for a restaurant??
redface.gif

I should have added, he's the type that would never accept an expensive gift. We've actually discussed that once. Janelle, you have some good ideas. I was going to buy him a jersey he wanted, but of course he bought it himself before I had a chance to. The movies will be a definite, just wanted something more.

I always have trouble getting gifts for my boyfriend-- its easier to do something 'from the heart', lol-- like making him a nice dinner-- that always works for me. If he likes music, you can get him some CDs, or even DVDS. You can get him tickets to some kind of sporting event, or concert or something...

Good Luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What about buying him an action movie DVD or a CD? Maybe a bottle of aftershave or a book.

What's your spending limit? I always buy my male cousins t-shirts from their favorite brands..

it's my bf's bday on the 16th n I know exactly what I'm getting him, but selling a bunch of stuff to get it lol

Unfortunately, due to both our living situations, making him dinner is out of the question, but I know he would just love that. The gift certificates are a good idea, but I think I need to find something a little more personal. I may have to take a walk through a mall and see what jumps out at me. I am horrible at this sort of thing.
icon_neutral.gif
Thanks for your suggestions everyone. If you think of something off the wall or something that you think would completely blow his mind, please share.

Originally Posted by Sofia Unfortunately, due to both our living situations, making him dinner is out of the question, but I know he would just love that. The gift certificates are a good idea, but I think I need to find something a little more personal. I may have to take a walk through a mall and see what jumps out at me. I am horrible at this sort of thing.
icon_neutral.gif
Thanks for your suggestions everyone. If you think of something off the wall or something that you think would completely blow his mind, please share. well it is a guy...you could gift wrap a 6 pack of his favorite beer and include a couple of movie passes in the package..

Hi, my boyfriend was the same - asked me not to buy him expensive gifts but he loved it when i bought him stuff.

Token presents like aftershave lotions are thought full and kind of a stamp on your man if you choose the smell yourself- thats what i like so wear it lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

But he loved it when i got us tickets for "we will rock you" in london when it first came out , if he likes to see shows or has never seen any he should appreciate being taken to see one and its more special than the cinema.

Or tickets for a sporting event if he is into sport.
icon_wink.gif
confused.gif

Indeed tickets can be a good idea for such a pressie. Either for some sports (something he likes) or cinema ... Or some CD he wants (or other small pressie) wraped in a funny way by you?

Would a cologne set be "too" much? Cheesy??? I want to give him some idea, just don't want to over do it. Plus he told me he doesn't have it anymore. And being that I have a cologne in mind (it's my favorite btw) whattya ladies think? I'm also having something delivered to his house, just not quite sure yet, maybe fruit basket and balloon and then give him his gift.

Originally Posted by Sofia Would a cologne set be "too" much? Cheesy??? I want to give him some idea, just don't want to over do it. Plus he told me he doesn't have it anymore. And being that I have a cologne in mind (it's my favorite btw) whattya ladies think? I'm also having something delivered to his house, just not quite sure yet, maybe fruit basket and balloon and then give him his gift. that's not a bad idea at all. i like that
smile.gif

where would you give him the gift? maybe you should take him some place romantic, but not TOO romantic, like maybe a nice, quiet place in the park or dinner, but not at a place where it screams PEOPLE GET ENGAGED HERE lol

sorry i make no sense
icon_wink.gif

Latest posts

Back