March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,781
Reaction score
18
This is for anyone who wants to participate in the March no-buy. Talk about what you used from your stash that you haven't used before, any products you've made major dents in, how your no-buy progress is going, if you slip up, or whatever you want!

Anything no-buy related is good to go!

 
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
6,107
Reaction score
100
Ok, I've got to be honest. I am going to be on a no buy for March but...I've already placed several hautelook orders of cosmetics and an ELF order that will be delivered in March. Which should make it easier, but for the last few months I've pretty much been getting a package a day or going to ulta...and now...idk how I'll survive. 

NOT TO GET ALL THERAPY ON YOU GUYS BUT: 

this all intensified and became so much worse when my boyfriend broke up with me in the middle of January. 
  I blame him for my addiction.

 
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
6,107
Reaction score
100
Oh, and I'm keeping my subs which at this point are out of control and should help me make it through. Right now I have: 

Beauty Army x2

Birchbox x2 

beauty box 5 (free box though, probably going to cancel)

the look bag

sindulge (Free box, probably will cancel)

blissmobox (Probably cancelling)

myglam

sample society

I also have lovewithfood but that box was free and not cosmetics 

AND I skipped Julep this month so that is saying something. 

Obviously, I am out of control. 

 
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
431
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this all intensified and became so much worse when my boyfriend broke up with me in the middle of January. 
  I blame him for my addiction.
Better than an eating addiction. I developed that after my first love broke up with me after I found out he was cheating on me the whole time we went together(3 years)!

 
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
4,330
Reaction score
46
I am keeping my subs but other than that, I am not buying any more cosmetics. I will be using that money to purchase some shoes and outfits for my trip instead! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,781
Reaction score
18
I think that stress has really played a role in how much I've been shopping, too. For me, this out of control makeup buying started last October. I started grad school in August, and October is when things started to get really busy. Things slowed down a lot over the christmas break (probably because I didn't have any work to worry about), but things are 10x more stressful now, and my buying has increased a loooooot.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I've got to be honest. I am going to be on a no buy for March but...I've already placed several hautelook orders of cosmetics and an ELF order that will be delivered in March. Which should make it easier, but for the last few months I've pretty much been getting a package a day or going to ulta...and now...idk how I'll survive. 

NOT TO GET ALL THERAPY ON YOU GUYS BUT: 

this all intensified and became so much worse when my boyfriend broke up with me in the middle of January. 
  I blame him for my addiction.

 
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
6,107
Reaction score
100
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that stress has really played a role in how much I've been shopping, too. For me, this out of control makeup buying started last October. I started grad school in August, and October is when things started to get really busy. Things slowed down a lot over the christmas break (probably because I didn't have any work to worry about), but things are 10x more stressful now, and my buying has increased a loooooot.
Awww, I finished my master's last spring, send me a message if you need to talk about grad school stress! I know it is the worst! 

 
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
6,107
Reaction score
100
Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif



Better than an eating addiction. I developed that after my first love broke up with me after I found out he was cheating on me the whole time we went together(3 years)!
What a rat! All I know is I tend to replace one addiction with another and shopping for cosmetics is my thing right now. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

 
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,781
Reaction score
18
Oooh, I might. Right now, I've hit the point in the semester (this happened every spring in undergrad) where I just want to quit and go home. It's especially bad since I have way more work and stress than in undergrad.

What did you get your master's in?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif




Awww, I finished my master's last spring, send me a message if you need to talk about grad school stress! I know it is the worst! 



 
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
6,107
Reaction score
100
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh, I might. Right now, I've hit the point in the semester (this happened every spring in undergrad) where I just want to quit and go home. It's especially bad since I have way more work and stress than in undergrad.

What did you get your master's in?

Quote:
International studies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I definitely hit that point every semester too, and grad school...well it was pretty much the entire time of the program. 

 
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
4,330
Reaction score
46
Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hubby just told me that I could go get my compact! 
Young lady, that is the OPPOSITE of no buy!

(whatcha getting?)

 
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,781
Reaction score
18
Here are the subs I've got:

Birchbox

Birchbox (this is my second one so I could get the TV box)

Blissmobox (this doesn't really count since I prepaid for a few months at a time. My last box is March, and I won't be renewing)

Beauty Box 5 (not super impressed with this one)

Sample Society (kinda hoping this one is less than awesome so it will be easier to cancel)

If I can get things down to just one, maybe two boxes a month, I think I will be on the right track to getting stuff under control!

Oh, and in some exciting news...some of my MAC stuff will be here tomorrow. A great way to start the no-buy, right? ;D

 
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
6,107
Reaction score
100
ok I already need an exception. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been meaning to pick up loreal lash boosting serum for a while but Ulta is always out. Can I order it from amazon? lol.

 
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
431
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif



Young lady, that is the OPPOSITE of no buy!

(whatcha getting?)
I know! I know! After I get this though, I wont be buying anything for a long time b/c we just bought a new house, so money will be tighter than a Catholic virgin! The camera doesnt do it justice but I'm getting this:



Physicians Formula 

Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eye Shadow
 
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
431
Reaction score
12
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok I already need an exception. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been meaning to pick up loreal lash boosting serum for a while but Ulta is always out. Can I order it from amazon? lol.
I think we should allow ourselves one exception a month. we have to post it on here and own up to it!

 
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,781
Reaction score
18
I think that's a great idea! I think maybe buy the item at the end of the month? That way, we can have all month to really consider it and think about if we truly want it, and that will cut the impulse (and a lot of the guilt) out of the purchase. But yes! We have to say what it was!
 

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif



I think we should allow ourselves one exception a month. we have to post it on here and own up to it!

 

Latest posts

Top