March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had to go to Ulta today for hair stuff, and I got in and out wiith only exactly what I went in to buy. Felt GREAT. Then I had returns to do at nordstrom, didn't even stop by the cosmetics counter or anywhere else and left with 330 dollars more than I went in with, so that also felt good. BUT now I have to go to Target for some baking stuff and that is where it could get tempting, I was so good all day I don't want to mess up now. 

The only way it is going to get tempting is if you don't go straight to the baking department and leave.

Don't stop and browse. You have complete control over this!

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only way it is going to get tempting is if you don't go straight to the baking department and leave.

Don't stop and browse. You have complete control over this!

I did well! Left with only baking stuff and now I'm baking which is a good distraction (and also the best way to make my manager want to promote me to the position I applied to lol). 

Good job! Target would be hard for me to resist. I don't think I could and ulta? You did really good. I would at least be hitting the clearance section.

Feel better Pancua

I'm on day 2
icon_sad.gif
  I tried to resist the sale @ sephora. I did really well until I found out they were giving away sample bags inside the store. I asked my hubby to stop by & get me one. And of course, I had to buy something so I could use the 15% off. I didn't even want anything there so I got a body scrub. The last thing I need is another scrub, I have 2 full size & 2 sample sizes that are brand new plus another huge one in the shower. It cost me $22 for a free sample bag. Yikes.

Then I spent $40 @ shea terra. I got it 30% off but I still really didn't need anything. I spent $62 on nothing really. Nothing I needed. What the hell is wrong with me?

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did well! Left with only baking stuff and now I'm baking which is a good distraction (and also the best way to make my manager want to promote me to the position I applied to lol). 

It is amazing the places baked goods can take you lol. 

I went to TJ Maxx tonight, and successfully avoided the beauty section. It probably helped that they didn't have anything from theBalm or OPI. I did pick up two scarves though, and it's super exciting because I was actually about to break down an order them from Modcloth before I found them there for half the cost!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is amazing the places baked goods can take you lol. 

I went to TJ Maxx tonight, and successfully avoided the beauty section. It probably helped that they didn't have anything from theBalm or OPI. I did pick up two scarves though, and it's super exciting because I was actually about to break down an order them from Modcloth before I found them there for half the cost!
I live within walking distance of tj maxx, ross, and marshalls. I somehow never hit up those stores. BUT NOW I WANT TO. Thank goodness its almost 10 and my day tomorrow is filled with extreme couponing, lol.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good job! Target would be hard for me to resist. I don't think I could and ulta? You did really good. I would at least be hitting the clearance section.

Feel better Pancua

I'm on day 2
icon_sad.gif
  I tried to resist the sale @ sephora. I did really well until I found out they were giving away sample bags inside the store. I asked my hubby to stop by & get me one. And of course, I had to buy something so I could use the 15% off. I didn't even want anything there so I got a body scrub. The last thing I need is another scrub, I have 2 full size & 2 sample sizes that are brand new plus another huge one in the shower. It cost me $22 for a free sample bag. Yikes.

Then I spent $40 @ shea terra. I got it 30% off but I still really didn't need anything. I spent $62 on nothing really. Nothing I needed. What the hell is wrong with me?
I had my blinders on in Ulta and brought a heavy bag in so I only had one free hand, lol. 

Shea terra stuff is great, what'd you get? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

laughing.gif
Good stradegy! Hats off to you ladies. If I were normal (you know-not bedridden), I couldn't walk in ulta & sephora & not buy anything. Its pretty easy to do alot of damage online though

I got the argan face/eye/serum trio, the volcanic foot scrub & the dark choc and white choc straw bars.

Oooh, what are you baking?

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had my blinders on in Ulta and brought a heavy bag in so I only had one free hand, lol. 

Shea terra stuff is great, what'd you get? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

laughing.gif
Good stradegy! Hats off to you ladies. If I were normal (you know-not bedridden), I couldn't walk in ulta & sephora & not buy anything. Its pretty easy to do alot of damage online though

I got the argan face/eye/serum trio, the volcanic foot scrub & the dark choc and white choc straw bars.

Oooh, what are you baking?

Ohh, I have the two serums but not the pure argan oil from that trio. I loooove the around eye one, it works amazing, but the I think the all over one kind of smells lol. 

I made oreo truffle pops to take to work on monday! 

Went into Sephora and left with a NARS lip liner and UD eye primer. I officially broke my no buy. The last time I purchased a cosmetic item was March 2. I was going so well too....

Oooh, and Souly, I can totally understand breaking your no buy for some Shea Terra! I have a sample of the black soap and I LOOOOVE it. I also really want some of the baobabs and bananas body creme.

What did you get in your sample bag from Sephora? I don't think I'll be able to hit up the sale, so I'm trying to live vicariously through others!!

They seem to vary slightly store to store.

I got:
Bumble & Bumble - shampoo & conditioner packets

Makeup Forever - mini mascara

Sephora - mini mascara

Especially Escada solid fragrance

Boscia - bb cream .35 oz

Givenchy - mister light sample packet

Not a bad bag but nothing I needed. They were also giving away umbrellas. You did good at TJ Maxx!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh, and Souly, I can totally understand breaking your no buy for some Shea Terra! I have a sample of the black soap and I LOOOOVE it. I also really want some of the baobabs and bananas body creme.

What did you get in your sample bag from Sephora? I don't think I'll be able to hit up the sale, so I'm trying to live vicariously through others!!

That's not bad at all! I usually always end up going to Sephora when they have these deals, spending money I shouldn't spend on things I don't need so I can get more crap I don't need. The last time I did it was when they had the little set of NARS minis. Curse that Sephora, tempting us with their awesome deals!

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased/surprised that I found those things there. I was actually going to place an order once I got home! I thought that would save some money, but naturally, other items somehow crept into my cart to take their place lol. 

They seem to vary slightly store to store.

I got:
Bumble & Bumble - shampoo & conditioner packets

Makeup Forever - mini mascara

Sephora - mini mascara

Especially Escada solid fragrance

Boscia - bb cream .35 oz

Givenchy - mister light sample packet

Not a bad bag but nothing I needed. They were also giving away umbrellas. You did good at TJ Maxx!

So, uh, who's starting the April No-Buy Thread? This one is played out, I guess. And, no, I didn't make it through the day (damn those China Glaze Prisma Colors!). But tomorrow can be Day One and it's the start of a new month anyway!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, uh, who's starting the April No-Buy Thread? This one is played out, I guess. And, no, I didn't make it through the day (damn those China Glaze Prisma Colors!). But tomorrow can be Day One and it's the start of a new month anyway!

I'm doing the same thing! April will be the month of success.

Back