Martial Arts. Kuk Sool Won

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i just wanted to tell you all my good news. I don't know how many people will remember me when i first joined MuT, and how upset i was generally.However I just wanted to let you all know that today i took a big step forward. I went back to my personal training with my trainer Don,who teaches fitness and martial arts. The martial arts i am doing again is called Kuk Soul Won and it is a Korean Martial Art which is taught in the American and Korean Army. In fact there is a world association of Kook Soul Won, and it's famous in America. All out Genreal uniforms get shipped from USA as we have KSW schools in the UK and USA.

I took a 3 year break as i was ill with depression, but i would like to say a big Thanks to you all as with your suppost over the past year and a half i have managed to overcome a complete physical and mental breakdown. However that is all in the past now but Thanks to Gwen for reminding me how good exercise is for the soul and to Marisol for her interesting posts about superfoods etc, as these were what spurned me on to get back to training again. Please know that your efforts have been noticed and taken heed off.

The only thing i am scared off is i know i am out of shape and the trainer i have is the head teacher in the school.I remember him making me do stomach crunches and press UPS till i nearly cried, not forgetting the park benches he had me doing bench presses on. Saying that as much i dread and fear the psychical work i love it too and i love the body confidence as well. Mostly though excesses can work better than any anti depressant and i look forward to being able to get superfit and superstrong.I will post some photo's here shortly.Thanks for listening to my good news.xXx

If you type in Edinburgh Kuk Sool Won, you will see a photo of my instructor Don. You will see the words he always tells me when he's pushing me to my limit and beyond.He's a great guy and ive known him for about 8 years now.He has been my friend and confidant and i am enjoying our comradship we have together.He's the best! I call him Sir! and he makes me work hard!!!!

Glad that you found this and it is helping you out in different ways
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz Glad that you found this and it is helping you out in different ways
biggrin.gif
Thanks Liz xXx

Hey Pauline:

I'm somewhat new here but I'm glad to hear your news.

I too practice a Korean Martial Art (Soo Bahk Do) which is different than yours but beneficial nonetheless.

All martial arts are good for you and there's plenty to choose from to try to found out which one suits you best. But they all help us to keep our head on straight, martial arts are EXCELLENT stress relievers and make you more alert and aware of your surroundings.

Take care and keep up the great work !
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst Hey Pauline:

I too practice a Korean Martial Art (Soo Bahk Do) which is different than yours but beneficial nonetheless.

All martial arts are good for you and there's plenty to choose from to try to found out which one suits you best. But they all help us to keep our head on straight, martial arts are EXCELLENT stress relievers and make you more alert and aware of your surroundings.

icon_smile.gif

Hi Amethyst, thats great you also do a Korean Martial Arts. I am sure i have heard of Soo Bahk Do, the nake rings a bell/ The Korean words can be difficult to pronounce. I must mention you to my Instructor Psb Don, and tell him about your Korean Art to see what he can tell me.

I was at a demonstaration today, and really enjoyed watching the acrobatics and staff's. It was a good day.

I totally agree with you about it being a good discipline and that it is beneficial. Even the breathing involved does so much for the body and mind. I love feeling healthy and fit and your right it is a great stress reliver.

Thanks for replying to my post and i wish you luck. I will see what i can find out about Soo Bahk Doo, i can imagine it being said quickly as one word. Could be wrong though.

Chat soon Amethyst!
smile.gif

We do have a school in the UK & Australia as well as all over the USA and Europe, Mexico and the Phillipines.

I really like all martial arts and anytime a program is on TV, I'll tune it. Even though I train in Soo Bahk Do, it's very interesting to watch other styles because we can all learn from one another. We concentrate a lot of self defense techniques and protecting ourselves.

Have you noticed since studying martial arts that you look at things a lot differently now? I do. for example, I used to just get on the train in the morning and that's it. Now, I actually look all around and try to find the nearest exit doors, I check out who is around me and if they look weird or suspicious. Sounds paranoid, but I find myself doing that now.
icon_redface.gif
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst Hey Pauline:

icon_smile.gif

Hi Amethyst, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I was offline for a week or 2 as i had a funeral to attend. I agree with you about amrtial arts making you more aware of your surroundings and other people's body language. Like you say it is helps keep the head screwed on and is a great stress reliver. Thanks to you too NYDolly
smile.gif
hugsx

Latest posts

Back