Mary-Kate Olsen: 'I Run Around My House Naked'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mary-Kate Olsen may be pegged as a fashionista by the press, but the actress says her favorite look of all is her birthday suit.

"I run around my house naked with heels all the time," Olsen, 21, tells Harper's Bazaar for its October issue. "It's so funny. All my friends will tell you I love running around in kimonos and jewelry or naked with jewelry."

In public, the actress has famously cultivated her own unique look, drawing from vintage-inspired fashions. Even Olsen acknowledges her look is not something exactly mainstream. "I dress the way I feel instead of looking for what's the new handbag," she says, revealing that it's men who are her style inspiration, rather than her more generic-looking female peers.

"Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp – men, they just dress the way they want, and they don't think about Who Wore It Best," she says.

Olsen's a budding designer herself – she and sister Ashley have their own ready-to-wear line, the Row, and a contemporary clothing label called Elizabeth and James. She says she's well aware of her image as both a fashion role model and a businesswomen. And it's something she feels is not always accurate.

"They take photos of us going into our offices, and it's 'Mary-Kate and Ashley shopping again,'" says Olsen. "But I'm going to work for eight hours, and we're working so hard. ... It just shows how people want to think of you.

"The only time people get photos of me is when I'm getting coffee, when I can't sneak away from the camera," she adds.

Still, the glare of the spotlight is something familiar for the former child star. "I think it helped that I started in front of the camera, so it didn't come as a shock," she says. "If I was a teenager and was thrown into the spotlight, I don't know how I would react, to be honest."

Part of being comfortable with her role is allowing herself to evolve –something Olsen hopes to do with her new role on Showtime's Weeds, where she plays a "a very good Christian girl." (A clip of Olsen on the show is already making the rounds on the Internet.)

"I feel like I've lived 10 different lives already and I'm only 21," she says. "But I also feel like I'm entering a new chapter."

SOURCE

Who cares? HHAHA. I run around my house naked all the time (but without high heels) and I leave the blinds open so my neighbors can watch.

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Who cares? HHAHA. I run around my house naked all the time (but without high heels) and I leave the blinds open so my neighbors can watch. same here (thank god i live alone)! Yeah for being naked!

then again i clean my apt. naked.

I like how she wears whatever she feels like, I wish I could get away with that
smile.gif

I don't run around naked in my house cus I live with my parents and two sisters, and they don't want to see that lol

Originally Posted by krazykid90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like how she wears whatever she feels like, I wish I could get away with that
smile.gif

I don't run around naked in my house cus I live with my parents and two sisters, and they don't want to see that lol

Ha same here!

Latest posts

Back