Mary Kay Skin Care. Rave or Rants??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since 2005, my aunt is a Mary Kay consultant and she gave me some products to try because I break out in a few pimples monthly. I tried Deep Cleanser #3 for oily/acne skin and it was great. I used their Oil Control lotion #3 and it was good at keeping my skin oil-free for about 4 hours but my skin is combo so felt too dry. I then tried the Balancing Moisturizer (for normal skin) but I broke out with it. I have sensitive, combo, acne-prone skin. I always break out when I try new products so that could be why.

Next she gave me the Timewise set for oily/combo skin and this has been my HG because for once, my skin cleared up and stayed clear (except 1-2 small pimples a month). They last 3 months, the cleanser lasts 2 months when I use double the amount. I noticed I have to use double the amount of cleanser to take off full-coverage makeup. The oil-free eye makeup remover is gentle & effective. I use the Timewise 3in1 oily/combo cleanser. It cleans my skin gently and is not drying. It has some nice ingredients & herbal extracts in it. The tiny beads don't exfoiliate but the herbs in the cleanser claim to do so. I love how it makes my skin feel and that I don't need to use toner. I find toners to be too drying for my skin. I heard many raves on the 3in1 cleanser bar soap, I personally haven't tried it. I also use the Timewise anti-aging combo/oily moisturizer, it is a light oil-free moisturizer but lately its not enough moisture for my skin. Since you have oily skin, this should be enough moisture for you. I don't like the MK Timewise anti-aging dry skin lotion, it feels like a film is on my face but my Grandma loves it and she has dry skin. I also tried the Timewise spf moisturizer and its great although it leaves my skin shiny so I only use it when going to the beach.

I love the Microdermabrasion, it helps my acne marks to fade faster, controlled breakouts and leaves my skin soft & smooth when I use it 2x weekly. I also like the serum that comes with it, it has green tea in it so this may also be why it helps my breakouts.

The blemish control toner is definitely not for sensitive skin, its drying and it irritates my skin because of alcohol in it.

I do love their powder foundation, it looks natural and gives light-med coverage. Liquid one controls oil good too, still have to blot but I blot less than when I don't wear it. Their colors don't exactly match my skin so I hardly use it. Skin mattifier is my HG, when I get oily, I blot then use the mattifier and it controls oil for a few hours. Weird thing is in the beginning it controlled oil for 4 hours, but now it only controls my oil for 2 hours.

Prior to MK, I used to use Neutrogena anti-wrinkle/anti-blemish lotion, Clean Pore Cleanser/Mask and tried the combo skin moisturizer, toner and foaming cleanser. It was drying for my skin so made my once normal skin that had a slightly oily Tzone turn excessively oily. Their toner was good. I don't like that they put fragrance in their products, my skin is sensitive and added fragrance isn't for me. If they made fragrance-free versions and I ran out of MK, I would try Neutrogena again. I love MK because it is fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and most of them are safe for sensitive skin (they label it as good for sensitive skin if the product is for sensitive skin).

You can get samples from a MK rep. All products can be returned even if used. I just returned 4 products that I bought 9 months ago and I got a full refund.

I noticed that a lot more girls use the combination/oily Timewise Miracle Set, but my skin is actually dry so the normal/dry set works very well for me. I haven't seen the dry patches on my face in months. The Miicrodermabrasion Set is awesome too since it takes off the top layer of dry skin.

And it is true that whatever you buy from MK can be returned if it doesn't fit your need.

I love the classic 5 step skincare products. Unfortunately the timewise system breaks me out.

I try MK every now & then. I keep a product or 2 on hand. I am a former consultant - I am still using some of my old samples, and I am liking a foundation color I have, which is no longer available. It will be interesting to see the new products. I am still keeping my "pink" compacts. They are a collector's item.

I just never cared for Mary Kay. I sold it quite some years ago - and it just didn't excite me in any way.

I've used some Mary Kay face washes and moisturizers in the past & i found them to be kinda crappy..they seemed to dry my skin out more than anything and made my face reddish..but thats just how it worked for me, it could very well be good for someone eles haha i just didn't have good results from it.

I used thier cleasing mask a year ago and i think it was awesome..

I purchased it from another country and I couldn't find the same one on the website.

There oil mattifier is awesome!!

it gets rid of the oil look and gives you a matte oil free look great for foreheads and nose
smile.gif

Back