Mary Quant cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, even if you know Japanese language I don't think they'd ship international.

I only visited their store sometimes, but they're not cheap here though.

oh well i guess i'm out of luck.
scared.gif

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, even if you know Japanese language I don't think they'd ship international.I only visited their store sometimes, but they're not cheap here though.

sadyes.gif

Lol @ you both.

Anyway, if you guys need help for CP just let me know. Just for information, those Crayon cost ¥5040 Yen (tax included) around $43 USD.

WOW. the price has like tripled over the years!! thanks for the offer. very sweet of you. will see how desperate i get to relive my youth. lol
satisfied.gif

LOL, told you it's not cheap here. Nothing is really cheap in Japan anyway other than Majolica Mojorca products lol.

hate to revive this thread. but i have a friend going to london. the picture of the original box (tin) of crayons is off that japanese site. anyone have a pic of it??? or know where to find it??

I have her makeup book "Ultimate Guide to Beauty and Makeup" but have never seen any of her products....

Hi,

I haven't seen that line around for sometime now. I thought she had a store here in NYC on Madison Avenue somewhere.

i didnt know her line was still around.

i always looked for her clothing line on ebay cause her designs from the 60s were super super awsome!

Wow, Mary Quant was the first cosmetic line I ever used, the little pots were gorgeous! It was in the 60's when the Mod look first started, she also invented the mini skirt and named it after her favorite car. Well I just blew my age all over here!

hi! i have this - my mum gave it me its from my nan. Its brand new in the tin. I know exactly what your on about! I was gunna sell it on ebay as its rare and fetches a pretty penny when its used so brand new i thought i might as well sell it.
smile.gif
I dont think its in production anymore but ebays your best bet. xx

Originally Posted by shoelover0516 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i saw the same ad. the number they give is not good. they have a store in new york and in henri bendels. i had these crayons when i was a teenager. i'm trying to find them too Hi I see that several people are looking for Mary Quant make up crayons. I have a genuine brand new set that was purchased in the 70's and I only found last week when clearing out cases of items that had been put in the loft and forgotten about.

The crayons are in a small flat yellow tin with the black daisy logo on the front. These are about the same size as a normal small wax crayon and all have the quant name/logo on every crayon. Am hoping to list them on Ebay next week. I live in the UK & my user name here is the same as my Ebay handle. (Re:Ebay-Will ship anywhere. Non UK buyers contact via Ebay for postage costs)

The crayons are now listed on Ebays Uk site the auction finishes on the 21 August 2009.

FYI there are 10 crayons in the tin.

I used to work in the factory that made Quant cosmetics. I still have some lovely items I would like to find homes for, specially the original AM and PM perfume range in it's black & silver packaging.

Hi 60sgirl.  Did you find a home for your perfumes?  I have been looking for ages for the pm one.  Brings back such great memories 

Kind regards

Karen

Regarding the Mary Quant crayon sets question from several years ago:  YES, I had those.  I had two of them.  One had brightly colored crayons and the other one had pastels.  I recall saving all my money from my part-time jobs to buy them.  This would be about 1973 or 1974.  I was about 18 years old then.  I saw them on EBay a few years ago but they were sold.  Mary Quant's website is in English and Japanese.  I am so glad she is still designing and sells her stuff.  She was/is part of the London Scene.  I was a kid in the 1960's when all of that stuff was happening, but I longed to be old enough to wear makeup, the clothes, have the long straight hair with bangs like the Beatles girlfriends, etc.  So in the 1970's when I was in high school and working at babysitting jobs, etc., I saved my money and bought a few items, although that look was starting to fade from the trends.  Yardley was another big one.  The Yardley slicker lip gloss was great, and the scent of it would bring back a million memories.  I hope to still be able to find these things online!  I would love to talk to anyone about the makeup of the 1970's! 

Latest posts

Back