Mascara and glasses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't wear mascara very often, since I have noticed that it often gets on my glasses. I don't like having to clean my glasses constantly
frown.gif
I'm wondering if there are any types of mascara that would be better. I have had bad luck with waterproof mascaras in the past, so I have been wary to try any. Any girls with glasses have suggestions? Thanks
smile.gif

Perhaps if you used a mascara that made the lashes wider and thicker, rather than lengthening your lashes that would solve the problem. Max Factor do a mascara called 2000 calories, which is designed to fatten the lashes.

Maybe try a clear mascara. A lot of different brands sell them.

Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I don't wear mascara very often, since I have noticed that it often gets on my glasses. I don't like having to clean my glasses constantly
frown.gif
I'm wondering if there are any types of mascara that would be better. I have had bad luck with waterproof mascaras in the past, so I have been wary to try any. Any girls with glasses have suggestions? Thanks
smile.gif

i wear glasses and thats never happened. if ur eyelashes stick out straight u should curl them. i use rimmel mascaras hopefully that helps

Erm you could try Neutrogena Clean Lash TINT and I can also wear Palladio non-waterproof mascara without it leaving marks on my glasses, and I have long straight lashes that dont curl.

waterproof mascara and contacts aren't a happy couple for me, so instead i use a basic black mascara. i think your problem is you have to curl your lashes. i use a base (from my waterproof UD mascara actually lol). what i also do since i'm allergic to curlers is applying mascara on top and bottom side of the lashes.

if you have too much mascara on you can brush your lashes.

I dont wear glasses but i sometimes have this problem when i wear sunglasses in summer.

My lashes are quite long and curly (makes putting eyeliner on a nightmare!!!)

I find i sometimes have to trim the ends of my lashes then curl them. Solves the problem

Originally Posted by -Missy L- /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont wear glasses but i sometimes have this problem when i wear sunglasses in summer.
My lashes are quite long and curly (makes putting eyeliner on a nightmare!!!)

I find i sometimes have to trim the ends of my lashes then curl them. Solves the problem

Thats what I do too.

I must have short lashes because I've never had this problem, even with lengthening mascaras! lol

Have you tried a mascara that's more volumizing without adding a lot of length? Or just using one coat or something?

Originally Posted by tfigueroa /img/forum/go_quote.gif i wear glasses and thats never happened. if ur eyelashes stick out straight u should curl them. I agree. Although I do only wear my glasses a few times a month to rest my eyes, when I do wear them I curl my lashes so it doesnt rub against the lenses.

i have the same problem!! i found curling my lashes helps a little, cuz i'm definitely not going to trim them!

Latest posts

Back