Mascara on Lower lash.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ladies,

I really like to follow Japanese make-up for their eyes. BUT!!! when i put mascara on my lower lash. at the end of the day...im getting this smudge look on my lower eye lid. Can someone please help me...on preventing this thing to happen. And yes....im new in this make-up thingy. Im a nut when it comes to make-up.

Originally Posted by waterlily777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ladies,
I really like to follow Japanese make-up for their eyes. BUT!!! when i put mascara on my lower lash. at the end of the day...im getting this smudge look on my lower eye lid. Can someone please help me...on preventing this thing to happen. And yes....im new in this make-up thingy. Im a nut when it comes to make-up.

To apply mascara properly, you must make sure that the mascara covers the lashes completely - that is, from the root to the tip. For your upper lashes, move the mascara applicator back and forth at the base of the lashes to put down some color, and then roll the brush horizontally through your lashes. Use full strokes.

The result will be a thicker lash, with the ends separated and the base well defined.

Okay...any of you girls where Mascara base? is it really a NEED....to put that on before applying mascara.

Do you have oily skin?

I posted a similar thread a while back, and the skin around my eyes is very oily which makes the mascara break down and smudge throughout the day. Blinc mascara was suggested, because it forms little tubes around your eyelashes, but I haven't tried it for fear or an allergic reaction!!

I've been putting extra powder under my eyes recently throughout the day. This seems to help. I use Lancome Matte powder.

xxx

I don't really have any rec since I've only tried Testimo - Kanebo clear mascara, and I love it.

There might be other good rec for clear mascara but better find something you can get easily in your country
smile.gif

I have the same problem. It started smearing on the bottom of my eye. So I went and got the Maybelline Lash Discovery Waterproof. It's this super skinny brush just for the bottom tiny lashes. It works. Stays on all day. Put your non waterproof mascara on the top lashes, then this one goes on the bottom one.

I also will try the clear on. I use to use the Covergirl clear mascara. But this Lash Discovery by Maybelline is doing the job.

If you use a water resistant formula it shouldn't smear. Or you can try a makeup sealant like Benefit She-laq. You paint the she-laq over your lashes and it seals the mascara.

Hi,

The "mascara base" is where the lash growth begins. As the others recommended clear mascara (make sure it's for the eyes because it can be easily confused with clear brow gel) or a waterproof formula (this is what I use because of my oily upper and lower lids).

sorry about my ot question but what is japanese makeup for there eyes, im curious, is it a specific way they put it on or product?

And apply lightly to the lower lashes... the more you have, the more likely it'll smudge.

Perhaps, avoid touching the area as well if you have a habit of rubbing?

maybe try Fiberwig mascara or Kiss Me Max Volume Mascara, they are both Japanese brand, and last very long~~

thats the reason i never put mascara on my bottom lashes, cause its like right away it always ends up under my eyes, to make my already dark circles look way darker.

if anyone has a solution, i'd love you if you'd tell me it.

Latest posts

Back