Matching eye color and shadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
does anyone have any advice on what would look good on blue eyed pale skin dark haired people!?! ive found so much info on blue eyes but all with blond hair
icon_rolleyes.gif
, but as my hair is black im wondering what r the best eye shadows for me? can anyone help?

Originally Posted by Trisha Since you have blue eyes, you can wear blue to compliment them, and all other colours such as purples/greens/browns etc etc will contrast with your eye colour more so and make them "pop"/bring them out.
Personally the only other thing i think you have to consider since you have dark hair and pale skin, is to make sure you are balanced out (with blush/lip colour) so whatever e/s you have used doesn't wash your face out too much!! x

Hope this helps some! xxx

Thanx a million trisha,
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i do have that problem of balancing my face so i dont look washed out, especially with my lips as there big, and if i put lipgloss they tend to look bigger but i love glossy lips..and i wear alot of blush or bronzer to even out my pale skin...i will try to add more browns to my collection now as i thought i couldnt wear them!!....again thanx soooo much...

Great advice Trish!

Kitakat, blues/greens/purples/brown will definitely make your eyes pop! I love Poppy e/s by Stila for a soft, baby blue. Also... my mom has the exact same coloring as you, and her recent e/s haul included Swimming, Sprout & Digit (click on that link and you'll see Trisha's infamous notepad).

A friend of mine has your colorings... and she looks great in greys/granites... she blends them onto the outer corners and the creases, and uses a lighter shade (almost a shimmery bone color) on the lid - looks amazing on her with the light eyes and dark hair. She is very pale, but if she uses a little bronzer on her cheeks and "T Zone" & wears a soft lip color... it looks great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Most of the advice I read is for blue eyes, and it never mentions hair color ... In general, colors that are opposite blue on the color wheel will make your eyes pop because they will contrast with your eyes. Browns, peach, and pink are all recommended to make blue eyes pop because they contrast with blue. Colors that are similar to your eye color, such as blue and maybe gray, will blend in with your eye and your eyes won't stand out as much, you'll just see a "blob" of blue or grey makeup and eyes. Or so I've read.
wink.gif
I have noticed that browns do make my blue eyes stand out much more than smokey grays.

Lately I've also tried wearing a shimmery white shadow on my lids with little or no color under brows -- the lighter color seems to bring out my small eyes. (I have read that light colors bring out small eyes, while dark colors are best on larger eyes since they can make small eyes look smaller.) I've seen this look on a lot of girls in my area, of all hair and eye colors, and it looks good on most people!

If you can afford it, just buy a few different colors and experiment! If you are on a budget, one thing I like to do is buy inexpensive drug store brands just to see what colors I like, and if I find a color that works on me I may look for a more expensive, better quality version of it! And if I don't like the color, then at least I only wasted $4 or $5!
smile.gif

Hi Kitakat!

I'm pale with blue-gray eyes and light brown hair. The colors that I've found to look good with my coloring are browns, peaches, copper, grays, cranberry, blues, & pinks. I have tried green, but it didn't look right on me (maybe the shade was wrong?), so I might try light green sometime in the future. The next color I really would like to try is purple.
wink.gif

Some of the colors I listed above such as the Cranberry, pinks, & blues I would've never thought I could wear. But they really do bring out my blue-gray eyes.
smile.gif

For blush I have peachy & light brown colors. I do have NARS Deep Throat which is a peachy pink color.

I usually like to accentuate my eyes and go with a nude lip look. For nude lips I use MAC's "brew" lipstick which I love. <!--StartFragment -->
luvlove.gif
I went out and bought another one to have as a backup, lol. I was lucky tho b/c my MAC counter only had 2 left.
eek.gif

Mascara - I usually wear brown or black brown.

Foundation wise, I just found that Lancome's Photo ID in I-10 matches me perfectly! Yay!! I finally found my HG foundation. I also use their concealer in Camee & Corrector.

Hope this helps!

Here's a pic of me & my son. It's not the best pic, but you can see my coloring. I'll try and better pics up soon. My brows will soon be waxed too.

me%26D.JPG

thanx soo much everyone, i have so many ideas now to try and not enough time!! seems that from the comments i can wear almost anything, i like to experiment with colors so this is a good thing, i will definitly try the browns and purples, and bronzer blush instead of just blush, maybe that will even me out... and hopefully going to the makeup counters to get some of the recommendations soon.....again thank u guys for such great ideas!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
will upload pics of what i try so u can see later.....

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Great advice Trish!
Kitakat, blues/greens/purples/brown will definitely make your eyes pop! I love Poppy e/s by Stila for a soft, baby blue. Also... my mom has the exact same coloring as you, and her recent e/s haul included Swimming, Sprout & Digit (click on that link and you'll see Trisha's infamous notepad).

thanx Joyeuux, i have a similar color to the stila one you recommended and its beautiful on! As for the other eyeshadows, i cant open the link u provided...
frown.gif
will try again directly through trishas page....thank god for trishas page!!! lol...its amazing isnt it?

Thanx tiel6, im running out of foundation so i think im going to try that Lancome u use, what kind of coverage does it have? can oily skinned people use it? and by the way, i love the look your suggesting here, i have tried to pull it off many times but not working, i think i got the bronzer and lip color wrong, but u know what they say "if at first you dont succed, try and try again!!"
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Sounds like you have similar colouring to me. I find that most colours can work, depending on the look you want. For evening I really like jewel colours. The only e/s shades I have to be careful with are some of the greytones (they can make my under-eye area look much darker) and pinktones (some can make me look like I've been crying). My advice is to try everything and find out what works for your look and personality. I hate make up rules, they're just meant to be broken
smile.gif

I second all the advice. I have teal eyes, pale skin and brown hair and here are some of my favourite eye shadows for the shades mentioned:

Blue

MAC Tilt (light but not pale neutral blue with greeny shimmer)

MAC Deep Truth (deep but vivid shimmery cool blue)

MAC Brill (pale baby blue with silvery shimmer)

MAC Steamy (shimmery greeny blue)

Green

Urban Decay Acid Rain (shimmery warm light but bright lime/apple green)

Stila Cha Cha (slightly shimmery cool pale spearmint green)

Shu Uemura ME Green 555 (metallic vivid emerald green)

MAC Humid (deep foresty olive green)

MAC Greensmoke (shimmery cool greyish olive green)

MAC Sumptuous Olive (shimmery warm olive green)

Purple

MAC Digit (pastelly cool lavender)

MAC Creme de Violet (vivid pinkish purple)

MAC Nocturnelle (deep plummy warm purple)

MAC Parfait Amour (vivid light but bright cool bluey purple)

Stila Cassis (dark shimmery cool purple)

Urban Decay Asphyxia (light lavender with cool blue shimmer)

Brown/bronze

MAC Satin Taupe (shimmery cool mid brown)

MAC Tempting (shimmery goldy bronze)

MAC Tan Pigment (mid metallic copper)

Stila Twig (dark warm coppery brown)

Stila Barefoot Contessa (mid shimmery coppery brown)

Stila Diamond Lil (mid greyish brown)

I find brown, bronze, gold, purple, peach and red shades make blue eyes pop the most.

Originally Posted by kitakat Thanx tiel6, im running out of foundation so i think im going to try that Lancome u use, what kind of coverage does it have? can oily skinned people use it? and by the way, i love the look your suggesting here, i have tried to pull it off many times but not working, i think i got the bronzer and lip color wrong, but u know what they say "if at first you dont succed, try and try again!!"
icon_cheesygrin.gif
No prob! On the bottle it says for all skin types. I have combination skin, so this works pretty good. Coverage wise, it's sheer. You can ask your local Lancome for a foundation color match and see if you can get a 10 day supply of the foundation. It's a little bottle and doesn't seem like it'll last long, but it does. I only use it where I need coverage.
I've been looking for a perfect nude lip color and I finally found it. MAC's Brew from the High Tea Collection.

Hi there! I have very pale skin, light blue eyes and black hair. This is what works for me:

Eyeshadow: Orange works the best for bringing out my blue. Aqua colors like MAC Aquadisiac. Silver, plums, burgundy, red eyeshadow looks great too (I found some at Hot Topic) and any pinks. I stay away from browns because they make me look dead. I stick with brighter shades.

LipStick/Gloss: Everyone says I look great in orange, salmon, bright pinks, golden tans and burgundy. White pinks look great too. (Mod pastels)

Originally Posted by Scarlette Hi there! I have very pale skin, light blue eyes and black hair. This is what works for me:
Eyeshadow: Orange works the best for bringing out my blue. Aqua colors like MAC Aquadisiac. Silver, plums, burgundy, red eyeshadow looks great too (I found some at Hot Topic) and any pinks. I stay away from browns because they make me look dead. I stick with brighter shades.

LipStick/Gloss: Everyone says I look great in orange, salmon, bright pinks, golden tans and burgundy. White pinks look great too. (Mod pastels)

thanx for the great advice scarlette
icon_biggrin.gif
yeah we have similar coloring...i really liked your pic with the tany colored lipstick where u have ur hair held back....what color did you use on your eyes for that? it was amazing...thanks to tiel6 as well, im going shopping for that foundation soon and lipgloss....thanx sooo much...scarlette your blush was really nice as well.....what did u use?

Originally Posted by Violet I second all the advice. I have teal eyes, pale skin and brown hair and here are some of my favourite eye shadows for the shades mentioned:
Blue

MAC Tilt (light but not pale neutral blue with greeny shimmer)

MAC Deep Truth (deep but vivid shimmery cool blue)

MAC Brill (pale baby blue with silvery shimmer)

MAC Steamy (shimmery greeny blue)

Green

Urban Decay Acid Rain (shimmery warm light but bright lime/apple green)

Stila Cha Cha (slightly shimmery cool pale spearmint green)

Shu Uemura ME Green 555 (metallic vivid emerald green)

MAC Humid (deep foresty olive green)

MAC Greensmoke (shimmery cool greyish olive green)

MAC Sumptuous Olive (shimmery warm olive green)

Purple

MAC Digit (pastelly cool lavender)

MAC Creme de Violet (vivid pinkish purple)

MAC Nocturnelle (deep plummy warm purple)

MAC Parfait Amour (vivid light but bright cool bluey purple)

Stila Cassis (dark shimmery cool purple)

Urban Decay Asphyxia (light lavender with cool blue shimmer)

Brown/bronze

MAC Satin Taupe (shimmery cool mid brown)

MAC Tempting (shimmery goldy bronze)

MAC Tan Pigment (mid metallic copper)

Stila Twig (dark warm coppery brown)

Stila Barefoot Contessa (mid shimmery coppery brown)

Stila Diamond Lil (mid greyish brown)

I find brown, bronze, gold, purple, peach and red shades make blue eyes pop the most.

thanx violet i really am interested in those purples and browns u mentioned...they are my fav colors i think.....they get added to the list!!! but does stila cost as much as mac? cant afford so much mac these days!!!

Originally Posted by kitakat thanx for the great advice scarlette
icon_biggrin.gif
yeah we have similar coloring...i really liked your pic with the tany colored lipstick where u have ur hair held back....what color did you use on your eyes for that? it was amazing...thanks to tiel6 as well, im going shopping for that foundation soon and lipgloss....thanx sooo much...scarlette your blush was really nice as well.....what did u use? Was it on the Face of the Day post from a few days ago? That was MAC Tanarama lipstick with an old Benefit liner in a light brown/plummy color. If it was from the Face of the Day post, all the stuff I was wearing was listed on the post. I am not sure which one you are talkin about! hahah!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by kitakat thanx for the great advice scarlette
icon_biggrin.gif
yeah we have similar coloring...i really liked your pic with the tany colored lipstick where u have ur hair held back....what color did you use on your eyes for that? it was amazing...thanks to tiel6 as well, im going shopping for that foundation soon and lipgloss....thanx sooo much...scarlette your blush was really nice as well.....what did u use? No prob kitakat! Glad to be of help!
wink.gif

Hey now that we are on the subject does anyone know what goes with dark brown hair blue eyes and Tan skin??? Thats what I have and I just dyed my hair from dirty blonde to dark brown my natural color and now i wear blue contacts...so i have to basically start all over again
icon_sad.gif
...let me know too!!

Originally Posted by Jill23ian Hey now that we are on the subject does anyone know what goes with dark brown hair blue eyes and Tan skin??? Thats what I have and I just dyed my hair from dirty blonde to dark brown my natural color and now i wear blue contacts...so i have to basically start all over again
icon_sad.gif
...let me know too!! Welcome to MUT!

Latest posts

Back