May I please have some feedback on my beauty channel?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello there. I'm 13 years old, nearly 14. About a month ago I started a channel on YouTube. As of now I mainly do makeup tutorials, seeing as that's currently what I know the most about. But as I gather experience in the deeper realms of beauty I'm considering branching out into more things such as skincare, fashion, and hair. But that's a topic for a later date; I just wanted to clear up the fact that I plan to eventually have more diversity, since that seems to be a common problem with my channel. What I want to know is, in your opinion, am I talented enough to run this channel? I originally started it up at age 12, but I was in no way ready for it and ended up humiliating myself. I don't want to go through that again, so I'm trying to make certain that I'm ready for it.

Here's the thing: I have no talent with makeup. The vast majority of my skill comes from the fact that I easily pick things up without even trying to; for instance, if I see a new technique by a beauty guru, it will automatically show up in my own work. I've learned a great deal thanks to this.

But that hardly makes up for the fact that I'm very untalented. Creative, yes, but I'm never able to make drawings and paintings and such look the way I see in my mind. So, I'm worried that I'm seeing myself as better than I really am. Naturally, I can hardly resist such a challenge; most of the allure makeup has to me comes from the very fact that it's something I have to work hard at. I doubt I could quit if I tried. So regardless of whether or not I'm currently bad, I won't give it up. If you feel the need to give negative criticism please don't hesitate, just so long as it's honest.

Thank you for the help!

Edit: Link removed per TOS

Welcome to Makeup Talk, where we welcome all shapes, sizes, colors and genders. First thing, please read our Terms of Service. Next go visit your profile (top of the page) and fill out some information about yourself so we can get to know you. Then go take a stroll through our forum filled with beautiful goodies and helpful information.

Do you like makeup tutorials? Go check out our section filled with Makeup Tutorials and Videos. Love to join in group discussions? Come browse the groups and find which one interests you most... maybe all of them!

Most of all, we hope you have a fun time here and find answers to any and all questions  you may have.
wavey.gif

Back