Maybelline Colorshow Nail Lacquer

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score

I saw an ad for this in allure, so I've looked a little further into it. Anyone try it? They have 40 shades, but none of them seem to unique to me. Looks like it retails around 3-5 dollars. If it's decent, it might be worth it for people new to polish loving who need to get some basic colors. 

I haven't seen them in person yet, though. Anyone have any input?

If you have blippar on your smart phone you can try the shades on, which is kind of fun.

Reaction score
I actually own a couple and so far i love them! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> at walmart they are 2.97. Right now i have on pink chiffon, some of them do require you do to about 3 coats but some of them have a good formula

Reaction score
I bought one at Target for $2.99 and will not be buying more. Took 3 coats to get an even application (some nails still looked sheer) and they chipped the same night, even with top coat. It's a shame because a lot of the colors were fun. 

Reaction score
Interesting. The colors do look really fun and pretty, but I do definitely want to wait to read some reviews on them before I purchase. Of course, if they really are only $3, then if they turn out to be a major fail it wouldn't be a huge loss. 

Reaction score
I haven't tried any of these yet, but Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore brands and I do like the bright colors for summer. For around $3 a piece, I think I am gonna try these, even if the reviews aren't too good. I like the Color Club polishes, and not a ton of people like those either.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
The colors look really pretty but I have had bad luck with Maybelline polish. I have tried a lot of their polish over the years and it never works for me. It usually chips super fast or is gloopy. Guess I will wait to see more reviews to see if I am willing to try them.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting. The colors do look really fun and pretty, but I do definitely want to wait to read some reviews on them before I purchase. Of course, if they really are only $3, then if they turn out to be a major fail it wouldn't be a huge loss. 
Yeah, it's a shame the formula isn't better because I would have boughten a ton more at that price! I've had a surprising amount of luck with Sinful Colors ($0.99-$1.99 depending what store). If I used a good topcoat like Seche Vite, I can get almost a full week's wear without chipping! The brush is kind of terrible, but nothing a little trimming can't take care of. 

Reaction score
I have had great luck with the staying power of this polish. I have worn it for about a week without chipping. I think it really depends on your nail. But for only 3 buck i would say it is definitely worth  a try.

Latest posts