McCarthy calls Carrey 'autism whisperer'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
NEW YORK - Jenny McCarthy worried about finding a good man after her son, Evan, was diagnosed with autism two years ago. Then Jim Carrey came along. "Beyond doubt it was written in the stars that Jim and Evan were a pair," the 34-year-old actress tells People magazine in its Oct. 1 issue.

"He's actually helped Evan get past some obstacles I couldn't. I sometimes call him the autism whisperer. He speaks a language Evan understands, and Evan feels safe with him."

McCarthy and Carrey, 45, went public with their romance last year. Though she's in love, McCarthy has no plans to marry the twice-divorced actor.

"There will be no certificate," she says. "It goes far deeper than that. Jim came into our life with an open heart and open arms. He's learned a lot about autism. He listens. The power of listening. It can move mountains."

McCarthy and film director John Asher filed for divorce in August 2005, after six years of marriage. Earlier that year, Evan, now 5, was diagnosed with autism.

McCarthy, who starred on MTV's "Singled Out," details Evan's progress in her new book, "Louder Than Words: A Mother's Journey in Healing Autism."

She says Carrey was curious about Evan in a good way. But she was nervous about introducing them.

"He was intrigued," she says. "He asked questions. Still, it took me about a few months to bring Evan over."

Aww...that's sweet that he's so good with her son!
smile.gif

I read the article in the new People magazine about her son and its very touching. If I get a chance, I will scan it and post it.

That is very sweet and refreshing considering the dark side of entertainment that we always see everywhere.

That's great! I remember how scary it was to introduce my son to my husband, then boyfriend. I waited a few months too. I think they're a great couple and I really hope it lasts, because a break up would be really hard on that little boy!

Thats no nice I like Jim but I must admit hes getting older looking

Originally Posted by Battygurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thats no nice I like Jim but I must admit hes getting older looking Yeah thats a really bad picture of him. He usually looks better. But that is great he is so open to her son. I heard awhile ago her son had austism, but didnt know about how Jim was so close to him. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
hb.gif

I too read the article in People and it was profound. I had such a different opinion of Jenny McCarthy when I was finished reading it. I was so touched by her, her son and the article.

They seem like a cute couple. I would love to read the article. I hope you can scan it for us.

I read her first book Belly Laughs when i was pregnant. it totally changed my outlook on that girl.. it was really smart and funny and very endearing.

Latest posts

Back