MD Formulations

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried MD Formulations face wash? I heard it works well with Bare Escentuals. (which I use) I was thinking about giving it a try. I checked the reviews and one member said you put it on like a lotion without water. should I give it a try?

Lisa

Originally Posted by leelee04 Has anyone tried MD Formulations face wash? I heard it works well with Bare Escentuals. (which I use) I was thinking about giving it a try. I checked the reviews and one member said you put it on like a lotion without water. should I give it a try?Lisa

Lisa, I use MD Formulations for oily and problem skin, and I LOVE it. It's the best cleanser I've ever used. My skin's no longer oily or a problem! My skin's so much smoother, and my pores are much smaller, too. Not to mention I don't break out any more. I think the one you put on like a lotion is for Normal skin. The one I have, you lather it on and then remove it with a washcloth (I use a cotton round), and then rinse.

Originally Posted by Nicolet Lisa, I use MD Formulations for oily and problem skin, and I LOVE it. It's the best cleanser I've ever used. My skin's no longer oily or a problem! My skin's so much smoother, and my pores are much smaller, too. Not to mention I don't break out any more. I think the one you put on like a lotion is for Normal skin. The one I have, you lather it on and then remove it with a washcloth (I use a cotton round), and then rinse. Thank you for your reply,So they have different kinds, Like for oily or acne prone skin? How would I know if say I wanted to buy off ebay? would they say what kind it was?

Lisa

Originally Posted by Nicolet Lisa, I use MD Formulations for oily and problem skin, and I LOVE it. It's the best cleanser I've ever used. My skin's no longer oily or a problem! My skin's so much smoother, and my pores are much smaller, too. Not to mention I don't break out any more. I think the one you put on like a lotion is for Normal skin. The one I have, you lather it on and then remove it with a washcloth (I use a cotton round), and then rinse. I agree with Nicole. I don't know if its Bare Minerals or MD Formulations or the combination of using both, but my skin has never looked better. I don't break out as often and my skin is definitely clearer. I also use their Glycare Acne Gel for spot treatments and the facial cream as a moisturizer at night.

Originally Posted by leelee04 Thank you for your reply,So they have different kinds, Like for oily or acne prone skin? How would I know if say I wanted to buy off ebay? would they say what kind it was?

Lisa

Sephora and the Bare Minerals store have kits to start you off depending on your skin type. That is how I started using them. I have dry skin and this skin care line has been awesome.

ok, even though I just bought a cleanser that I absolutely love, i got suckered into trying one of the md kits b/c of all of the good reviews, plus i wanted the face lotion, sunscreen, etc that I do not have. my box doesnt have the package insert in the box, so i was wondering how someone has used the antioxidant serum??? Thanks, and I hope I like all the goodies!!! I got the one for combo skin, there was also one for dry skin, oily skin, and problem skin. I better like this stuff, fingers crossed, I've been spending money like a maniac, but luckily I've been working a lot more too!!!!

Nicolet, the cleanser doesn't dry out your face??? Also, have you tried other md products, and if so, did you like them. Oh and LeeLee, Hope I spelled that right, I'll let you know how I like the cleanser for combo skin once I have tried it!

Originally Posted by Nicolet Lisa, I use MD Formulations for oily and problem skin, and I LOVE it. It's the best cleanser I've ever used. My skin's no longer oily or a problem! My skin's so much smoother, and my pores are much smaller, too. Not to mention I don't break out any more. I think the one you put on like a lotion is for Normal skin. The one I have, you lather it on and then remove it with a washcloth (I use a cotton round), and then rinse.

Originally Posted by jennyb Nicolet, the cleanser doesn't dry out your face??? Also, have you tried other md products, and if so, did you like them. Oh and LeeLee, Hope I spelled that right, I'll let you know how I like the cleanser for combo skin once I have tried it! Nope it doesnt dry your face. You put the cleanser like you would moisturizer and then add water to your hands. Start lathering your face and then rinse off. It seems kind of weird to put the product in your face without water but its supposed to work better that way.
The recommended use for the Moisture Defense antioxidant serum is:

After cleansing, apply sparingly morning and night.

Description:

With four powerful antioxidants to defend against environmental stress and natural plant extracts for soothing care, this serum restores vital moisture and rebuilds the skin's protective barrier. It also provides smooth, supple skin. With continued use, fine lines diminish and moisture levels surge. Moisture Defense Antioxidant Serum provides barrier protection and increases moisture retention. Defends against environmental stress. Ideal for dry, combination and sensitive skin.

Thanks Marisol!!! I can always count on you to be my mut buddy
icon_redface.gif
. That was cheesy, but anyways, do you use the serum too???? do you like it??

Originally Posted by jennyb Nicolet, the cleanser doesn't dry out your face??? Also, have you tried other md products, and if so, did you like them. Oh and LeeLee, Hope I spelled that right, I'll let you know how I like the cleanser for combo skin once I have tried it! jennyb, this cleanser does not dry my face out. I have oily, combo skin and I was getting some dry, flaky skin in some areas. Since using this cleanser, my dry patches are gone and so is most of my oilyness. Works great for me.

Originally Posted by jennyb Thanks Marisol!!! I can always count on you to be my mut buddy
icon_redface.gif
. That was cheesy, but anyways, do you use the serum too???? do you like it?? You are too nice and that was not cheesy at all.
Nope, I dont use the serum. The products that I use from MD Formulations are:

facial cleanser

facial cream

Vit-A-Plus eye crème

glycare acne gel

Oh good, cause i get dry flaky patches sometimes too!!! I got the one for combo skin, so i think/hope i should be fine. Have you tried any of their other products and if so, what do you think of them???

marisol, do you like their eye cream??? cause i read a random review on the internet and the person said it was actually drying!!! which i thought was ironic. do you like the face cream and do you use it everyday?

Originally Posted by jennyb marisol, do you like their eye cream??? cause i read a random review on the internet and the person said it was actually drying!!! which i thought was ironic. do you like the face cream and do you use it everyday? I replied to your other thread about the eye cream.
I do like the facial creme. I use it at night after I have washed my face. If I have any spots on my face, I will apply the glycare acne gel over it. I use Strobe Cream in the mornings to moisturize.

So i should be fine with the lotion and serum?? I was just worried it might make me breakout.

I just tried the face cleanser for combo skin and my face feels nice and smooth, not dry at all. I left it on for a couple of minutes, it did have a stinging sensation for a bit, but my skin seems to be fine and not irritated at all. So far i like it a lot. I'll try it a couple of more times and let you know if i still like it, and if i do, I think i might rotate it with my Paula's choice cleanser.

OK, I saw a kit for problem prone skin, Is that the same as acne prone?
icon_redface.gif

Also Can I use the glycare acne gel with the problem prone kit?

Lisa

Latest posts

Back