Me= Austria´s Next Topmodel? lol

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go Andi!!! You are a beautiful woman and I think this is a wonderful idea. Go for it and wishing you success!

i have no tips, but best of luck to you! you'll do a great job, no matter what
smile.gif

omg andi! awsome i have no advice but youre gorgeous! good for you

That's awesome Andi! I think you definitely have lots of potential and you're just gorgeous! Let us know how the pics go!

I think you really would do well as a model Andi. Absolutley. I used to model for an agency for a few years. I got some catalog work and 2 editorial ( newspaper/fashion papers ) jobs. It paid quite well and it was a lot of fun. It also is a lot of work. ( Physiclly and mentally) There are a lot tips and tricks you pick up along the way. Runway is definitely not the only type thats for sure, as we hear all the time on ANTM. I will give you a few tips.

~ Never pay anyone to "train" you. If they like you, they would never ask for money. Of course you will have to pay to have some professional pics done so you can show different looks you can pull off. In your portfolio you can include some snapshots, professional pics, A friend taking different looks etc. Agencies will realize you are just starting and they wont be too picky at first about how your book is set up. Also, keep in mind when you dont get a call back, it doesnt mean you arent pretty/sexy/perfect enough. It simply means you werent what they needed right at that moment. That is actually true., not just a cop-out.

~ Accept all jobs that come your way, small or large, hokey or silly as they may seem, It shows you are versatile and arent restricted to one look or style. Jobs like catalogs, flyers etc are a great way to build your base portfolio. As they are done you include them in your book and they are called " tearsheets". ( because , really they are the page torn out that you were on )

~ Keep your eyes peeled for " go sees" in the local paper, internet etc. Show up wearing minimal makeup. Just foundation, mascara , light blush and nude color lips. They like to see what they have to work with. Be wary of internet scams and REMEMBER, many "agencies/scouts" will blow sunshine up your a$$ and tell you everything you wnat to hear. Then add, " Oh and the training course will cost you $3500.00, by the way."

If an agency or talent scout really wants you, they will pay to train you etc.

There's a lot of footwork and let downs but you never know, you may hit it big girl! You may be gracing Victoria's Secrets 2008 catalog! =)

~ Keep looking in your paper, thats wear you'll see the "go sees".

~ Email major dept stores etc. Try them all. If it's what you want, you can do it.

~ Be persistant! ( Not pushy lol )

Good luck to you , Andi.

You are beautiful and I'm sure you will do well.

( I hope this helps a bit )

good luck Anders
smile.gif
I think you are absolutely gorgeous and I cant imagine people NOT wanting you to model for them. Unless they were looking for an ugly betty type
biggrin.gif

keep us updated on how you go!

Originally Posted by MamaRocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think you really would do well as a model Andi. Absolutley. I used to model for an agency for a few years. I got some catalog work and 2 editorial ( newspaper/fashion papers ) jobs. It paid quite well and it was a lot of fun. It also is a lot of work. ( Physiclly and mentally) There are a lot tips and tricks you pick up along the way. Runway is definitely not the only type thats for sure, as we hear all the time on ANTM. I will give you a few tips. ~ Never pay anyone to "train" you. If they like you, they would never ask for money. Of course you will have to pay to have some professional pics done so you can show different looks you can pull off. In your portfolio you can include some snapshots, professional pics, A friend taking different looks etc. Agencies will realize you are just starting and they wont be too picky at first about how your book is set up. Also, keep in mind when you dont get a call back, it doesnt mean you arent pretty/sexy/perfect enough. It simply means you werent what they needed right at that moment. That is actually true., not just a cop-out.

~ Accept all jobs that come your way, small or large, hokey or silly as they may seem, It shows you are versatile and arent restricted to one look or style. Jobs like catalogs, flyers etc are a great way to build your base portfolio. As they are done you include them in your book and they are called " tearsheets". ( because , really they are the page torn out that you were on )

~ Keep your eyes peeled for " go sees" in the local paper, internet etc. Show up wearing minimal makeup. Just foundation, mascara , light blush and nude color lips. They like to see what they have to work with. Be wary of internet scams and REMEMBER, many "agencies/scouts" will blow sunshine up your a$$ and tell you everything you wnat to hear. Then add, " Oh and the training course will cost you $3500.00, by the way."

If an agency or talent scout really wants you, they will pay to train you etc.

There's a lot of footwork and let downs but you never know, you may hit it big girl! You may be gracing Victoria's Secrets 2008 catalog! =)

~ Keep looking in your paper, thats wear you'll see the "go sees".

~ Email major dept stores etc. Try them all. If it's what you want, you can do it.

~ Be persistant! ( Not pushy lol )

Good luck to you , Andi.

You are beautiful and I'm sure you will do well.

( I hope this helps a bit )

thank you so much for the awesome tips! I was already wondering what tearsheets are. I think the good thing is that I have a lighthearted attitute about possible modelling, kinda like: if it works out, grey-but if not I won´t be sad about it. That´s why I would never pay for anything! Well unless it´s only a little amount or so. And what I really like about doing this is to show that I can be versatile, I like to play different roles and such. It´s exciting! I did do bodypainting modelling, where I had to stand absolutely straight for 6 hours+, so I definitely know about physically challenging lol, I had leg cramps all the time but still couldn´t really move much.
I´m really not sure if I´m confident enough to go to castings etc, or even just show up at an agency. That´s why I only e-mailed two agencies and sent them my pics. If they reply back and say sorry you´re not what we´re looking for then I won´t feel so rejected lol

Thank you so much for everything, this post helped me a lot

Go for it Andi . Maybe in a few years we'll have Andrea as the newest top model that everyone wants
smile.gif
And i assure you that you're much more beautiful than Kate Moss (eek
tongue.gif
)

Andi, I have thought all along, Why is she not a model? LOL

Good Luck Andi! I know you'll do great.
smile.gif

Andi, if you're the "girl next door" I definitely need a new neighborhood. I say go for it!

Originally Posted by JennyMcL /img/forum/go_quote.gif Andi, if you're the "girl next door" I definitely need a new neighborhood. I say go for it! LMAO!!! Thanks
hugss.gif

Back