Me= Austria´s Next Topmodel? lol

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, not really
schaem.gif
But read on

Sooo, I know Manders (Benebaby) has already inspired a lot of us, and she recently inspired me to get out of my shy-closet and do something I usually wouldn´t do. That is to get into some modelling.

I already thought "why in the world does she not get into modelling?" and now I heard that she is going to which I am very excited to hear about. So yeah, she was my muse hehe

...so after having done one photo shoot with a newbie photographer and being a Bodypainting Model (where everybody was stroking my ego and telling me I should get into modelling for real) I figured I should give it a try.

I got some helpful tips from Manders and started to contact photographers, e-mailed my pics to some modelling agencies that look for "real people" instead of the standard runway models, and also signed up on modelmayhem.com. Just too bad Austria is a small market for models, unless you are with an international agency.

What I wanna do is basically make a little bit of $, and get some cool pictures taken, get into different roles and basically get to see myself as something different than the "girl next door".

I am certainly not gonna go to an agency and be like "here I am, look at me" (no way I am confident enough for that)...I know I`m 23 and "only" 5"7 or 5"8, but that doesn´t mean I can´t still do commercial work, right?

I think that´s basically the only market in Vienna anyway. Plus, I have med school as my main priority so I´m not gonna put my heart into the idea of modelling, but if it turns into something that I enjoy doing and actually get a few paid jobs-then why not?

So yeah, that´s what has been on my mind lately. We´ll see how it goes. What do you guys think? Oh and if you have any tips they are greatly appreciated

Andi,

Being strictly objective, you don't really just ask a bunch of people "what do you think". It's of no consequence or relevance to what prospective clients want. You will probably best be served by asking for tips on ModelMayhem instead (I am on there also).

But of course, I and everyone else will wish you the very best of luck and success! Viel Glück.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Andi,
Being strictly objective, you don't really just ask a bunch of people "what do you think". It's of no consequence or relevance to what prospective clients want. You will probably best be served by asking for tips on ModelMayhem instead (I am on there also).

But of course, I and everyone else will wish you the very best of luck and success! Viel Glück.

yeah I know..but I´m not sure if I can handle tips from the pros on there yet. I mean I have very little experience and therefore they will probably rip me to shreds haha. Ok not really, but I am somewhat scared of what they might say
P.S: PM me your profile link on there...my profile hasn´t been accepted yet though

Good luck Andi! Also, you can probably get into promotions too that way and then you'll meet a lot of people who can help set you up.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif Andi,

Iam there as well. But I hardly ever post in the forums there, because those people are so rude an mean towards one another I mean its not like I cant handle the criticsm it more so the things those people say. Anyways here my MM#520795 I more pics but I found there were fake myspace pages of me so I took the rest down. PM me here or there if you need any advice are tips. Oh yeah Andi u are really pretty.
schaem.gif

Originally Posted by chloemisspretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyways here my MM#520795 I more pics but I found there were fake myspace pages of me so I took the rest down. PM me here or there if you need any advice are tips. Oh yeah Andi u are really pretty.
schaem.gif
It's interesting you say that because I suspected that's how my Myspace was overrun, and how my "identity" and pics got stolen. When I first joined, I liked it for what it was, but it could really be moderated better.
Andi, I'm not currently in a place where I want to openly check my MM account (and yet I brazenly peruse through MuT like it's nothing, haha!), I haven't gone to it for nearly a year, and I will probably have to get my password re-emailed to me again. I'll get it though at some point... just sit tight.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's interesting you say that because I suspected that's how my Myspace was overrun, and how my "identity" and pics got stolen. When I first joined, I liked it for what it was, but it could really be moderated better.
Andi, I'm not currently in a place where I want to openly check my MM account (and yet I brazenly peruse through MuT like it's nothing, haha!), I haven't gone to it for nearly a year, and I will probably have to get my password re-emailed to me again. I'll get it though at some point... just sit tight.

no problem, sweeite! I browsed through the forums and I also got the feeling it´s poorly moderated. Lots of fighting and below the belt comments go on for pages and it´s just plain childish and silly...and nobody stops it.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm no professional at all when it comes to anything in the model world but I know an amazingly beautiful woman when I see one...and you're it! Best of luck to you Andi! Aw thanks. Flowers for you
flowers.gif

Wow Andi....i think you are beautiful and would make a great model!!! Good luck sweetie!!!

Anders!! Woot!! You have what it takes to be anything your darling little heart desires. I think it would be good for you and your self-esteem.

Manders and Anders....Model Hopefuls, MUT Addicts extraordinaire.

Good luck to you! hope you will be able to build great portfolio and find the right agency for you.

Good luck!

If you are ever decide to move here to LA hit me up and I will get you into the industry. Bring your portfolio and I will introduce you to some agents and other people of relevant interest.

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif Good luck!
If you are ever decide to move here to LA hit me up and I will get you into the industry. Bring your portfolio and I will introduce you to some agents and other people of relevant interest.

well my fiancé lives in San Diego and I visit him about twice a year. Wow you seem to have quite some connections, girl!

Oh thats great!

I think that what you are doing now, building a portfolio in Austria will actually get you in faster in the industry here. One up the competition!

So are you just considering print or maybe do television spots and commercials too? I say try em all!

Originally Posted by Saje /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh thats great!
I think that what you are doing now, building a portfolio in Austria will actually get you in faster in the industry here. One up the competition!

So are you just considering print or maybe do television spots and commercials too? I say try em all!

I´ll do whatever comes up (besides nude of course). I just told Manders about this on IM but because I´m so excited I´ll tell you all
I´m meeting up with a photographer I contacted through MM, he has quite impressive credits. He said he doesn´t usually do TFP anymore (he usually charges $400 for a shoot!), but there are always exceptions...and apparently he´ll make one for me. I did make it clear I´m not paying to get pics taken lol, so I´m super excited he is making an exception!

I just got his e-mail an hour ago so I´m all giddy now.

Latest posts

Back