Me + Red Lipstick = ...?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm still feeling under the weather, so what else to do, then to try out some of my colors.

I got Russian Red lipstick for B2M, and I haven't really used it, because i'm skeptical when it comes to red lipstick on my pale complexion.

So that's where ya'll come in. What do ya'll think? Can I pull red lipstick off? I'm wearing Russian Red and Love Nectar on top of it.

And don't worry about the eye shadow. I personally think it looks horrible, but I was trying out a green smoky eye because my friends birthday is coming up and we are all going out, so I was looking for something sexy, with color
biggrin.gif

I think it's cute on you, Ash!!
smile.gif
I have this thing about wearing red lipsticks - I want to find the perfect one, but even if I did, I'd never wear it out of the house, LOL!! I'm told I look good in true reds, but I prefer myself in warm or brown reds. I found a great one (Milani Moist Matte l/s in Manhattan), but I still don't know if/when I'll wear it out of the house. Ahhh, the insanity, LOL!!
wink.gif

I love your eye makeup too!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme I think it's cute on you, Ash!!
smile.gif
I have this thing about wearing red lipsticks - I want to find the perfect one, but even if I did, I'd never wear it out of the house, LOL!! I'm told I look good in true reds, but I prefer myself in warm or brown reds. I found a great one (Milani Moist Matte l/s in Manhattan), but I still don't know if/when I'll wear it out of the house. Ahhh, the insanity, LOL!!
wink.gif

I love your eye makeup too!!
biggrin.gif

Thanks!
smile.gif
I've never tried a Milani lipstick, but I love their e/s so much, maybe I should try some of their other products!

that looks pretty ash, but it looks more pinky i think becase of love nectar.

i'm scared of red lippies. lol

I agree.............boy your eyes always look great though!

Originally Posted by Liz that looks pretty ash, but it looks more pinky i think becase of love nectar.
i'm scared of red lippies. lol

Ditto
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by kissesarecandy0 try it without love nectar
biggrin.gif

I think you look fabulous! I love the eye shadow. I think you look just fine in red, but I would have to agree with the suggestions to try it without the lip gloss. I love red lipsticks. Red is such a classic color, and I bet that everybody can find a shade that flatters them.

On my computer it looks pink instead of red ... but the pink looks good, lol
wink.gif

If you're scared of bright, true red, try a warm or wine red .... There was a gal on TLC's "What Not To Wear" a few weeks ago that wore lots of bright red lipstick but it really wasn't the most flattering color for her pale skin! So the MUA had her try a wine red lipgloss without liner, and it looked great -- dramatic but still complimented her skintone! Just a random thought I had -- I'm trying to find a wine l/g myself to see what it looks like
wink.gif

Looks really nice Ashley,kind of pinkish.Love how you did your eyes,very pretty colors.I got a thing for the green,lolol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I agree you should try it without Love Nectar, mostly because I'm jealous cuz my MAC counter has been out of Love Nectar forever.

Seriously though, it looks cute but I think you should go for it and rock the red. Guys will love it.

I lke it!

I think with me and for most of us red lipstick says "Hey you, like what you see?!" My problem is how do you hold on to the attention after you have it (lol)
icon_lol.gif
. But none the less girl friend strut your stuff, as long as you wear the color(it's all personality) and it doesn't wear you'll come off looking great.

I believe that it looks too pinky on your lips.I think that if you'll try a more "pure" red it would be perfect on you! Your skintone is perfect for a red lipstick!!:icon_love

that does look absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your eyes are sucha gorgeous deep sea blue just fabulous! and the lipcolor is gorgeous i love it! i am afraid of red lips though because i am so pale they make me look ghostly ahhhhh
icon_eek.gif
so i just stick to my lipfusion in blush which i love!

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 that does look absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your eyes are sucha gorgeous deep sea blue just fabulous! and the lipcolor is gorgeous i love it! i am afraid of red lips though because i am so pale they make me look ghostly ahhhhh
icon_eek.gif
so i just stick to my lipfusion in blush which i love! Thanks!! i'm pretty pale myself, but I thought, aw what the heck...let's try red on the lips. The last time I wore red, everyone called me Snow White LoL

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 that does look absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your eyes are sucha gorgeous deep sea blue just fabulous! and the lipcolor is gorgeous i love it! i am afraid of red lips though because i am so pale they make me look ghostly ahhhhh
icon_eek.gif
so i just stick to my lipfusion in blush which i love! I just wanted to say that I like your avatar. Nice to put a face with a name.

Originally Posted by Marisol I just wanted to say that I like your avatar. Nice to put a face with a name. thanks Marisol i love your name!!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 thanks Marisol i love your name!!!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks doll! I have grown to like it too!

Latest posts

Back