Meanest mom’ sells car after finding liquor

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for her. She did the right thing.

He was probably still living at home, and dependent on them, especially if he was a student. Turning 19 only changes your status in law, not at home. Rules are still rules, and EVERYBODY gets busted if they get caught driving drunk. Better it's the mom that schools him before the authorities do.

She is a great mom. I absolutely think that while it may seem harsh for the son, it is the best lesson she could teach him about how driving is, as it always has been, a privilege, and if you aren't careful, it can be taken away from you. Maybe in a more horrible way than you would imagine in the first place, i.e., death.

If more parents would step up an really punish their children for their actions that can easily get someone into a huge world of sh*t, then I think we'd save a bunch of lives even doing something that simple. A lot of parents are afraid to give their children harsh consequences for their dumb actions, whether it be taking away their car, or letting their child serve time in prison without trying to fight it (if that is what the kid was sentenced to in a DUI or something). Who cares about looking like an a ssh*le for five minutes, when you can increase the quality and maybe length of your childs entire life by giving them some tough love.

Congrats to her for doing the right thing. He shouldn't have left it in the car.

Makes me happy that I don't drink nor do drugs..

Back