Mellow Acoustic music

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I looove acoustic, mellow sounding music!!!! Anything deep and meaningful. My favorites are David Gray, Pete Yorn, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, John Mayer. I was just wondering if anyone else liked this type of music and would know a good singer/band to check out that is like this kind of music??

I love that type of music myself, though I don't have many cds from that genre. For a mellow folk/country feel, I like listening to Nickel Creek. What albums do you recommend from the singers you named above?

How funny! We do like a lot of the same music. I didn't mention Damien Rice but I loooove him too. I actually was suppose to see Pete Yorn and Damien Rice, but for some reason or another I didn't get to go
frown.gif
. I did see Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, and John Mayer and I loooved all of them. I swear you should check out David Gray, he's probably my favorite out of them all, he's so deep. I have the Jack Johnson, Pete Yorn, and John Mayer CD's too. Have you heard Pete Yorn's other stuff, I'm curious?? Also, if you had to pick your favorite, would you get Jem (I actually liked that song she had out a while ago), Gavin, or Howie??? Thanks for the help!!! Sorry for all the questions.

Originally Posted by Marisol I love this kind of music. I have seen Pete Yorn, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper and John Mayer in concert and they are amazing. You might want to check out Howie Day, Gavin DeGraw, Damien Rice or Jem.

Here is what I would recommend:

Pete Yorn - Musicforthemorningafter

Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales & In Between Dreams

John Mayer - Room for Squares

Howie Day - Stop All the World Now

Gavin DeGraw - Chariot

I actually like Nickel Creek too, even though I don't really like country but it's the folk sound that draws me in, Alison Kraus is kind of like that too. As for CD reccomendations, I swear you would love the CD's mentioned by Marisol that are by John Mayer, Jack Johnson, and Pete Yorn. Those are the kind of CDS that you will listen to the whole thing, not just one or two songs!!! Also I would definitely get a CD by David Gray and Damien Rice. A lot of people haven't heard of David Gray, but he is my absolute fave, even my bf likes him and my best friend started to listen to him too. And I got my mom hooked on Damien Rice, she always borrows my CD ( which gets annoying) but that's ok. The name of the CDs of Damien R's and David G's are:

Damien Rice--O ( I think this is his only CD, but you will definitely love it, folk sounding)

David Gray--White Ladder (this CD is the best, a song called This Years Love is so good and sad)

David Gray--A New Day at Midnigt (another great CD, love it)

also Maroon 5's CD is actually really good, its called Songs About Jane
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I love that type of music myself, though I don't have many cds from that genre. For a mellow folk/country feel, I like listening to Nickel Creek. What albums do you recommend from the singers you named above?

You are right.. Maroon 5 is awesome. They are going to be in concert here in September and I hoping to see them. If I had to pick a fave between those 3 artists, I would pick Howie Day. His song called Collide is awesome.

I saw Maroon 5 before they were "big", they were actually the opening band to John Mayer. What's so funny is when they came on, I was thinking to myself "who's this band?, they better hurry up and let John (mayer) Play"! Now they are one of my faves!!! I think you should definitely see them in concert!!!! All their songs are so good. I'm going to check out Howie Day, I like that song Collide.

Originally Posted by Marisol You are right.. Maroon 5 is awesome. They are going to be in concert here in September and I hoping to see them. If I had to pick a fave between those 3 artists, I would pick Howie Day. His song called Collide is awesome.

I actually went to that concert too where Maroon 5 opened up for John Mayer. How funny! Definitely check Howie out. You will like him and his CD.

Latest posts

Back