Milia

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good info! thanks vs!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky I found an interesting article:http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/New...7ACB6A32A13%7D

Karrieann, good job
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
and I'm glad you didn't give up... Did you use an organic brand acv or a regular one sold in grocery store?

Originally Posted by karrieann
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif

oh happy day!!! i used the acv on a q-tip for two days in a row. i did it very carefully because that darn bump was soooo close to my eye.

the first day all i noticed was that my skin seemed to be red where i had applied the acv. the next day i did the acv again. the area continued to be red and sort of scabbed. i couldn't really tell what was happening with the milia. instead of being white it too was red. so today i used my fingernail to sort of scrape the skin away. i thought i would do this to help the ex foliation and then reapply acv. well, when i scratched at the flaky skin that darn thing came right out!!!!! oh i am so happy! my skin is still a bit red there but it will be gone in a day or two.

thank you kim for that great advice! who knew how powerful apple cider vinegar could be. and that should be a word of caution...apple cider is very strong on your skin!! do not rub your skin with it. it will remove it. i used it full strength, you may want to dilute...

thanks again kim!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Karrieann, good job
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
and I'm glad you didn't give up... Did you use an organic brand acv or a regular one sold in grocery store? I am still thrilled about this! I used ACV from Trader Joes. This stuff works like a charm. In fact this morning I had a little pimple on my chin so I dabbed a bit on with a Q-tip and now...it's gone! Amazing

Thanks, now I am gonna get it and work on my milia...

Originally Posted by karrieann I am still thrilled about this! I used ACV from Trader Joes. This stuff works like a charm. In fact this morning I had a little pimple on my chin so I dabbed a bit on with a Q-tip and now...it's gone! Amazing

Good luck. I hope that it works for you Lilla. Just please be gentle on your skin with it. It is quite powerful and can burn your skin. I used it prior to the milia incident just as a toner type thing. I kind of rubbed my face with it full strength on a cotton pad. Bad idea. Burned my skin. So you may want to dilute it or start with a small area just to see how your skin reacts to it.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks, I sure will.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by karrieann Good luck. I hope that it works for you Lilla. Just please be gentle on your skin with it. It is quite powerful and can burn your skin. I used it prior to the milia incident just as a toner type thing. I kind of rubbed my face with it full strength on a cotton pad. Bad idea. Burned my skin. So you may want to dilute it or start with a small area just to see how your skin reacts to it.
Let me know how it goes!

hi all, reposting this here as i was told it would benefit more people. just want to share this good discovery i made for clearing milia. i used a product called naturalis milia treatment , see www.organiconline.com.sg or www.naturalisproducts.com and managed to get rid of those irritating milia beads after the third night of application. it beats having to go for surgery as those can cause scarring. anyone else can share other good products?

Originally Posted by karrieann has anyone ever had this? i have this yucky whitehead looking thing right in the inner corner of my eye. yuck, yuck, yuck. it looks like i have an eye goobie. i have determined that it is milia, but i'm not sure what to do to get rid of it.
do you think an aesthetician could help? everything i have found says to see a dermatologist. is this my only option, other than living with an yucky eye goob. yuck. i will go see my dr if that is my only recourse

icon_smile.gif
Welcome to Mut if I didn't say it before! And thank you for posting this info. I have been trying the Apple Cider vinegar everynight and still no change. I will give yours a try definitely! Thank you again.

Originally Posted by Genre hi all, reposting this here as i was told it would benefit more people. just want to share this good discovery i made for clearing milia. i used a product called naturalis milia treatment , see www.organiconline.com.sg or www.naturalisproducts.com and managed to get rid of those irritating milia beads after the third night of application. it beats having to go for surgery as those can cause scarring. anyone else can share other good products?

hihi, its my pleasure. I tried apple cider too previously and it didn't work either. I was recommended to this milia treatment too and i am glad it worked beautifully for me. so i hope to help others in the same plight!

Originally Posted by lilla
icon_smile.gif
Welcome to Mut if I didn't say it before! And thank you for posting this info. I have been trying the Apple Cider vinegar everynight and still no change. I will give yours a try definitely! Thank you again.

Originally Posted by lilla
icon_smile.gif
Welcome to Mut if I didn't say it before! And thank you for posting this info. I have been trying the Apple Cider vinegar everynight and still no change. I will give yours a try definitely! Thank you again. I'm sorry it didn't work for you lilla. Hopefully Genre's recommendation will. Please let us know if you order and try it out. I'd love to know!

icon_cheesygrin.gif
You know I'll be ordering tonight or tomorrow....
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I sure will let you guys know if it works or not.

Originally Posted by karrieann I'm sorry it didn't work for you lilla. Hopefully Genre's recommendation will. Please let us know if you order and try it out. I'd love to know!

oh yes this is a good product, i have used it and it helped with my milia problem too..i actually learned about it from makeup alley and other forums, did a search on google

Originally Posted by karrieann Cool! It sounds like a great product. Can't wait to hear your review!

any one knows the diff between sebaceous hyperplasia and milia, what causes them?

i think xxxx gives a good description of both problems, do check it up

Originally Posted by Genre any one knows the diff between sebaceous hyperplasia and milia, what causes them?

thks for the link, its good info, i bought the sebaceous hyperplasia treatment . will update efficacy . Cheers!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Norah i think www.naturalisproducts.com gives a good description of both problems, do check it up

I bought the milia treatment, it is expensive
icon_eek.gif
$95. Hope it works.

Back