Mindy McCReady Gets Year in Jail

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MINDY McCREADY was in court Friday morning in Williamson County, TN, where the judge sentenced the country singer to two years in jail for violating her probation, per the Deputy Clerk at the Williamson County Clerks office. However, the sentence will be suspended after the service of one year, and then McCready will have to serve probation for the remainder of the sentence.

McCready will also be placed on two years supervised probation and will get an additional 200 hours of community service.

McCready was arrested in July in Florida and charged with battery and resisting arrest. The 31-year-old McCready was charged with the two misdemeanors, according to booking information, which also stated that a deputy responded to a call regarding a domestic dispute. Upon arriving to the home, police said McCready's mother claimed her daughter had been drinking and had become violent. The deputy claimed he observed scratch marks on the mother's cheek and detected a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from McCready's mouth. McCready reportedly denied the attack and called her mother "crazy." The booking report also said that McCready subsequently resisted arrest and had to be restrained on the floor, where she allegedly sustained a minor cut on her nose. McCready was eventually placed under arrest and taken into custody.

McCready, who is best known to country music fans by way of her 1996 No. 1 hit "Guys Do It All the Time," has had her share of legal trouble. According to the Associated Press, the singer was convicted in 2004 for fraudulently obtaining prescription painkillers. In 2005, while on probation for that offense, she was charged with driving under the influence. She was found not guilty of the DUI charge, but guilty of driving on a suspended license.

SOURCE

Mindy has definitely had some problems lately. I hope she gets her life back on track. She had a promising career at one time.

i remember her when i was a teenager, she definitely has changed a lot. i hope things get better for her and she straightens up.

Oh my gosh. I really loved her back in school. She had some really good songs. I hope she will get her act back together. She has a very promising career.

Originally Posted by Annia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Who is Mindy McCready? don't no either... who is she?

Originally Posted by princess_20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif don't no either... who is she? a country singer. I have 2 of her albums and love them. She once was engaged to Dean Cain. She was beaten by her boyfriend, she has depression, and she has attempted suicide. She also has a huge legal record. it makes me sad, b/c I love her so
scared.gif
I found this list.
frown.gif

Legal and Personal Problems

• On August 5, 2004, McCready was arrested in Tennessee for using a fake prescription to buy the painkiller OxyContin. Although she initially denied the charge, she finally pleaded guilty on November 29, 2004 and was fined $4,000, sentenced to three years probation, and ordered to perform 200 hours of community service. [1][2]
  • On May 6, 2005, McCready was stopped by Nashville police for speeding and then arrested and charged with driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license. She was later released on $3500 bail.
  • Two days later, on May 8, McCready’s ex-boyfriend and aspiring country singer, Billy McKnight, allegedly broke into her house and beat and choked her. He was charged with attempted murder and aggravated burglary. [3]
  • In July 2005, McCready was charged in Arizona with identity theft, attempted fraudulent scheme and artifices, unlawful imprisonment, hindering prosecution and unlawful use of transportation. Police said she and a man stole a truck and forced a woman to accompany them against her will. McCready's lawyer claimed that she was in the process of helping authorities catch an alleged con artist who had bilked her and 35 other celebrities when the charges were filed. [4] [5]
  • The following week, on July 22, McCready was found unconscious in a hotel lobby in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida. She was hospitalized due to a drug overdose after washing down a large amount of undisclosed drugs with alcohol. Authorities soon claimed the incident to be a suicide attempt which she eventually confirmed.
  • On August 10, 2005, an arrest warrant was issued for McCready for violation of her probation when she left Tennessee without permission from her probation officer. McCready was also charged with not reporting to her probation officer during July. [6] She was finally arrested in Florida on August 26 and returned to Tennessee.
  • On September 19, 2005 during a court appearance in Tennessee to appeal terms of her bail, she confirmed that the July 22 drug overdose in Florida was a suicide attempt. She added that the attempt came after learning she was pregnant with McKnight's baby. [7]
  • Just four days later, on September 23, McCready was again hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants after arguing with McKnight over their unborn baby. [8][9]
  • On July 19, 2006, a jury of 12 found McCready not guilty of driving under the influence, but found her guilty on the charge of driving on a suspended license. [10]
  • McCready faces a hearing later in 2006 on charges of violating her probation on a drug charge by failing to check in with her probation officer and leaving the state without permission to go to Florida. She later was to release a single called Black and Blue about her problems through her website Mindy.TV. The CD was never given to fans after they paid for it and the money was never taken from their accounts. She also never paid the person who ran Mindy.TV so they closed it down.
  • McCready will be back in Williamson County Circuit Court on September 7, 2007 to face sentencing on her probation violation.
  • On July 21, 2007 McCready was arrested in Ft. Myers, Florida. She was charged with battery and resisting arrest for apparent scuffle with her mother. [11]
  • On July 23, 2007 McCready was freed on a $1,000 bond.
  • On July 25, 2007 McCready was taken into custody at the Nashville International Airport for breaking her parole on 2 charges.
  • On September 14, 2007 McCready was sentenced to a year in jail for probation violation. In addition to the jail time, the judge gave her two more years of probation and 200 additional hours of community service. In the courtroom, the judge was clear: if McCready doesn't perform her community service, he'll put her back in jail again.[12]

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif a country singer. I have 2 of her albums and love them. She once was engaged to Dean Cain. She was beaten by her boyfriend, she has depression, and she has attempted suicide. She also has a huge legal record. it makes me sad, b/c I love her so
scared.gif
I found this list.
frown.gif

Legal and Personal Problems

• On August 5, 2004, McCready was arrested in Tennessee for using a fake prescription to buy the painkiller OxyContin. Although she initially denied the charge, she finally pleaded guilty on November 29, 2004 and was fined $4,000, sentenced to three years probation, and ordered to perform 200 hours of community service. [1][2]
  • On May 6, 2005, McCready was stopped by Nashville police for speeding and then arrested and charged with driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license. She was later released on $3500 bail.
  • Two days later, on May 8, McCready’s ex-boyfriend and aspiring country singer, Billy McKnight, allegedly broke into her house and beat and choked her. He was charged with attempted murder and aggravated burglary. [3]
  • In July 2005, McCready was charged in Arizona with identity theft, attempted fraudulent scheme and artifices, unlawful imprisonment, hindering prosecution and unlawful use of transportation. Police said she and a man stole a truck and forced a woman to accompany them against her will. McCready's lawyer claimed that she was in the process of helping authorities catch an alleged con artist who had bilked her and 35 other celebrities when the charges were filed. [4] [5]
  • The following week, on July 22, McCready was found unconscious in a hotel lobby in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida. She was hospitalized due to a drug overdose after washing down a large amount of undisclosed drugs with alcohol. Authorities soon claimed the incident to be a suicide attempt which she eventually confirmed.
  • On August 10, 2005, an arrest warrant was issued for McCready for violation of her probation when she left Tennessee without permission from her probation officer. McCready was also charged with not reporting to her probation officer during July. [6] She was finally arrested in Florida on August 26 and returned to Tennessee.
  • On September 19, 2005 during a court appearance in Tennessee to appeal terms of her bail, she confirmed that the July 22 drug overdose in Florida was a suicide attempt. She added that the attempt came after learning she was pregnant with McKnight's baby. [7]
  • Just four days later, on September 23, McCready was again hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants after arguing with McKnight over their unborn baby. [8][9]
  • On July 19, 2006, a jury of 12 found McCready not guilty of driving under the influence, but found her guilty on the charge of driving on a suspended license. [10]
  • McCready faces a hearing later in 2006 on charges of violating her probation on a drug charge by failing to check in with her probation officer and leaving the state without permission to go to Florida. She later was to release a single called Black and Blue about her problems through her website Mindy.TV. The CD was never given to fans after they paid for it and the money was never taken from their accounts. She also never paid the person who ran Mindy.TV so they closed it down.
  • McCready will be back in Williamson County Circuit Court on September 7, 2007 to face sentencing on her probation violation.
  • On July 21, 2007 McCready was arrested in Ft. Myers, Florida. She was charged with battery and resisting arrest for apparent scuffle with her mother. [11]
  • On July 23, 2007 McCready was freed on a $1,000 bond.
  • On July 25, 2007 McCready was taken into custody at the Nashville International Airport for breaking her parole on 2 charges.
  • On September 14, 2007 McCready was sentenced to a year in jail for probation violation. In addition to the jail time, the judge gave her two more years of probation and 200 additional hours of community service. In the courtroom, the judge was clear: if McCready doesn't perform her community service, he'll put her back in jail again.[12]
omg

no wonder that she turn to be like that

Latest posts

Back