Mineral Veil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got an email from Sephora today and there was a section on Mineral Veil saying that not only is it good for what you already use it for but now they say you can coat your lashes with it for a base before you put on your mascara.

I tried this morning, but didn't notice a difference. But I am also using brand new mascara, and for me it takes several times of using before I like how it goes on. I'll keep trying the trick to see if I notice a difference.

I do use the mv after putting on my eyeliner and it seems to be doing a great job of keeping it where it's supposed to be.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 I got an email from Sephora today and there was a section on Mineral Veil saying that not only is it good for what you already use it for but now they say you can coat your lashes with it for a base before you put on your mascara.
I tried this morning, but didn't notice a difference. But I am also using brand new mascara, and for me it takes several times of using before I like how it goes on. I'll keep trying the trick to see if I notice a difference.

I do use the mv after putting on my eyeliner and it seems to be doing a great job of keeping it where it's supposed to be.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Honestly i think they are just trying to promote BE,,You would get the same if not better result with a mascara that has a primer attached,i know loreal makes one as do other companies
biggrin.gif

You're probably right, but seeing that I don't have primer and I do have mv, I'll try that.

I think the UD Primer Potion is also a good lash primer... I usually end up with some on my lashes (not on purpose! lol) and it seems to help! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I always put swipe my lashes with some pressed/loose powder before applying mascara. It is supposed to absorbe any oilyness etc. so your mascara can hold up better. it also thickens your lashes somewhat. I am sure any powder would work.

i bought mineral veil a few days ago because of the hype about it. i know i shouldnt be buying things because of that, but anyway, what kind of brush do you guys recommend that i should use when putting it on? a kabuki brush?

Originally Posted by jellybeans i bought mineral veil a few days ago because of the hype about it. i know i shouldnt be buying things because of that, but anyway, what kind of brush do you guys recommend that i should use when putting it on? a kabuki brush? I use a kabuki brush, but you could also use any other large face brush.

Originally Posted by tylda1969 I got an email from Sephora today and there was a section on Mineral Veil saying that not only is it good for what you already use it for but now they say you can coat your lashes with it for a base before you put on your mascara.

icon_cheesygrin.gif

I usually dust my lids with mineral veil to help set my eyeshadow, and of course the stuff gets all over my lashes. I don't know that it makes any difference, but then I'm really not very demanding about my mascara. I'm not even sure what a lash primer is supposed to do!

I use it on my eyes before putting on my shadow and I use it on my lashes as well. I don't know for sure if it makes a difference, but I do like how it seems to keep my shadow in place longer!

Latest posts

Back