Mineralogie Mineral Liquid Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i just ordered a sample of mineralogie matte gel base mineral liquid foundation, along with just about their entire line of products (from concealer to mascara). this is the first mineral liquid makeup i've heard of, so i had to give it a try. i've done a search and even asked in other threads about this mineral makeup. if you've heard of it or tried it, please post here and tell me what you've heard. thanks!

I have the MIneralogie liquid foundation, its actually VERY nice, medium cover. However, the color range is very limited, and its a little too dark for me. I'm a Mac NC15, and can only wear it in summer.

I was on a quest for liquid mineral foundations, and have also tried Jane Iredale's - medium cover, hard to work with and a little dry as well as pricey - and Lumiere's, which is really fabulous but maybe a little too heavy a coverage for my taste. Lumiere is affordable, comes in a lot of colors and lasts beautifully, though.

In the end, the Mineralogie would be the perfect one, if it came in more shades and was more easily available.

Originally Posted by Moyra /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have the MIneralogie liquid foundation, its actually VERY nice, medium cover. However, the color range is very limited, and its a little too dark for me. I'm a Mac NC15, and can only wear it in summer.I was on a quest for liquid mineral foundations, and have also tried Jane Iredale's - medium cover, hard to work with and a little dry as well as pricey - and Lumiere's, which is really fabulous but maybe a little too heavy a coverage for my taste. Lumiere is affordable, comes in a lot of colors and lasts beautifully, though.

In the end, the Mineralogie would be the perfect one, if it came in more shades and was more easily available.

great info moyra! thanks so much! i was hoping that someone liked it enough to post! i ordered the cocoa and i'm an nc45, so i think it might work well. thanks again for your info!

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never heard of this. I can't wait until you receive your samples and can give a review! i was really surprised to find a liquid mineral makeup! i'll be sure to keep you posted on the results!

Liquid mineral foundation sounds weird Oo One of the reasons i switched from "ordinary" makeup to mineral was to not have some on my hands anymore
smile.gif
But i'm curious, will read reviews about that one. Interesting.

oh my goodness! i got my samples yesterday and could hardly sleep last night thinking about trying it out today! lol~ I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! the shade i chose was way, way, way to dark for me, but in the interest of science i wore it anyway! lmao~ great coverage and i didn't even need concealer! i used my foundation brush and two squirts of the product. it dried to a great semi matte finish and when i went to blot the excess i got nothing on my tissue! impressive! i used my normal pf powder because the shade was so dark it made me look weird. i definitely plan on ordering this foundation in the correct shade asap! i also tried their mascara, lipstick and lip liner.

lip liner - very good! great texture and good coverage

lipstick - nice texture, but not great coverage, even over the pencil, but it smells like peppermint so i loved wearing it anyway! lol~

lip gloss - the jury is still out on this one for me - i'll let you know.

mascara - great definition, but didn't make my lashes bold enough for me.

still to try - shadow, blush, bronzer, concealor.

mind you this is at 9:45am and i put the product on at about 7am. even with my beloved prescriptives i'd be thinking i need to blot right about now. with mineralogie still nothing! very good!

NICE! Do you have the ingredient list? I didn't find it on the mineralogie website.

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif NICE! Do you have the ingredient list? I didn't find it on the mineralogie website. i'll check it out and see what i can find.

Aha, I think I found it - wasn't looking in the right place.

Distilled water, Micronized TD, Micronized ZO, Iron oxide pigments, aloe vera, glycerin, TD, ZO, allantoin, xanthan gum, grapefruit extract.

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aha, I think I found it - wasn't looking in the right place.
Distilled water, Micronized TD, Micronized ZO, Iron oxide pigments, aloe vera, glycerin, TD, ZO, allantoin, xanthan gum, grapefruit extract.

is that a good thing? i'm a mineral makeup newbie, so i'm still learning about everything. i must say that i love this makeup. because i purchased the wrong color i've been mixing the mineralogie with my prescriptives custom blend and i love the outcome! controls my shine very well and i could swear that it's even improving the condition of my skin! washs off completely clean with just water! i'm a very happy lady!

How do you get samples of this, I went to Mineralogie website and it just tells you locations where you can get it, do you have to visit a store to buy samples?? or can you do it online........

Originally Posted by lacolora /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do you get samples of this, I went to Mineralogie website and it just tells you locations where you can get it, do you have to visit a store to buy samples?? or can you do it online........ i don't think they sell it online. i believe you have to find a distributor. i was lucky because they have a few in my state.

Too bad they dont sell online -- I was curious to try it after your review.
smile.gif
Oh well.

i'm so sorry ladies! i think they sell mostly to plastic surgeons and spas. i was looking for something that i could have custom blended and this product showed up in my search results. maybe that's why i didn't get much of a response to my request for recs!

They sell on their website now! I ordered a bunch of stuff so I could get free shipping- free shipping on orders over $75. And when I got it in the mail, they give you a $10 off coupon on your next order. I haven't tried the liquid foundation. But the loose foundation is spf 26 and the spf really does work. I'm out in the sun a LOT and I can't believe the foundation can keep you from burning. Crazy! I also have the invisibly matte which works so well on me, because my skin is really really shiny especially in the summer time but this pressed powder goes on invisible and just takes away the shine. I wear it everyday now, and I've worn it plenty without foundation- still looks great. And the eye makeup remover is the BEST. Looove it.

Latest posts

Back