Mini MAC haul and a funny story

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I hadn't been to the MAC store or counter since April. But on Friday, I completed a major 6 month plus project a work and decided I deserved a treat.

I got:

Spring bean lustreglass

Blacktrack fluidliner (how did I live without this?)

209 brush (so I can achieve a finer line)

I was amazed they were sold out of all BA eyeshadows except leisuretime. Ah well, no Lucky Green and Goldbit for me.

I was able to line my waterline thinly with blacktrack and the 209 and it looked great! And spring bean gloss is so pretty.

Funny story: When I went to the store, dbf was in tow. I ask the MA (who knows me on sight by first and last name now, lol---my store has the nicest MAs) for spring bean. Dbf takes one look at it and goes "Oh no honey, that is ridiculous, put it back you'll look like an alien" and makes a face. He goes to stare out the window as if he's being tortured. I try it on and keep browsing. He comes back to find me and raves "See that is a much better gloss--so much more pretty and natural. You should wear that one all the time." Then I told him it was the same gloss he saw in the tube. He wouldn't believe me----the MA and I were quite amused and then demonstrated. He was so blown away, it was so funny! Silly boy!

Thats why men should leave the MU to us gals
wink.gif

Nice Haul!
claps.gif

Amen to that Janelle. When my husband goes, he acts like he is being punished! I also dont like it when he goes because I feel like I am being hurried. When we go on vacation, there will be a MAC pro store and I will tell him to drop me off and come back in 2 hours!

LOL!! That's great! I always just leave the dbf at home otherwise he will just be a whiney baby while I shop. I never do that when he takes me to the car parts store!!

I just love when they get themselves into that type of situation. Congrats on your haul, I love Blacktrack too! And Shade is also awesome.

*haha* how funny. guys are the ideal shopping companions :_roll-eye

I took my gay friend MAC shopping once and not even he liked it. the MA put e/s on me, blush and lipgloss and I was always asking him for his opinion. after only 5min he had that "C´mon let´s go" look in his face. and he even said "those things all look the same on you". I was soo dissappointed. I mean, hello-he´s gay! he was my last hope
icon_cheesygrin.gif

CWHF I am waiting for my little mac shipment right now that has spring bean............I would not have had the courage to buy it if it weren't for the girls on here!! Cute story!

Nice haul, and funny story. I love spring bean and everytime I get it out my bag to re-apply I get that 'Oh my gosh she's going to put green lipgloss on' look :_roll-eye

Originally Posted by LuckyMe Amen to that Janelle. When my husband goes, he acts like he is being punished! I also dont like it when he goes because I feel like I am being hurried. When we go on vacation, there will be a MAC pro store and I will tell him to drop me off and come back in 2 hours!
oomg YES! i told jeff i love him dearly but i hate make up shopping with him. its not like he actually rushes me, he kinda just follows me around and some times asks "whats that? whats it do? OH GOD NO DONT PUT IT ON ME!" and hes really good but i feel bad cause he just looks at it all and is just totally confused by it all.

yes i want spring bean+squirt too. oo i should that into my mac order...!

LOL! it is kind of scary in the tube but looks great on! nice haul!

Guys are just not made to go into MU stores, or give opinions!

Great haul though.

Buy it for the color---it's so gorgeous! With my summer tan in NC45ish myself.

As far as dbf, I have no sympathy. I offered (in fact wanted) to go to MAC by myself---I tried sending him to the comic book store or some other manly pursuit I knew he'd enjoy. But he insisted he wanted to come since I'd been so busy and we hadn't spent some nonconstructive time together in a while. I think he was ready to leave the second he got there. Course he also knows, left alone, I'd be there forever and we'd never eat dinner.

Boys!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by erica_1020 I think I wanna buy Spring Bean for the funny looks lol

I gotta admit dbf is pretty adorable. :icon_love

I cannot say how much I love blacktrack and the 209 brush. I'm wearing it today and I don't remember my eyes looking better!

Originally Posted by Charmaine LOL! That's so cute. Nice haul!

hahha.. that's funny! I love that little story. My boyfriend is just the opposite: He picks black and blue and green lipsticks and glosses for me and gets mad when I don't get them. heh.

Latest posts

Back