Mixing question

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is a general question because i plan on buying more highlighters and such, but here's what triggered this question...

i have this revlon skinlights skin brightener, which is liquid. i wanna mix it with my foundation, which is also liquid to give me a little glow. the problem is, i've never mixed before and i have no idea how to go about it. maybe i should put my foundation in a little bowl and then a little skinlights in there and then apply from there? should i put my foundation on first and then add the skinlights a little here and there?

any help/tips is appreciated
icon_smile.gif

by the way, i REALLY recommend the skinlights line. it's a drugstore brand (obviously), but wow, it works, especially the loose powder. i love it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer this is a general question because i plan on buying more highlighters and such, but here's what triggered this question...
i have this revlon skinlights skin brightener, which is liquid. i wanna mix it with my foundation, which is also liquid to give me a little glow. the problem is, i've never mixed before and i have no idea how to go about it. maybe i should put my foundation in a little bowl and then a little skinlights in there and then apply from there? should i put my foundation on first and then add the skinlights a little here and there?

any help/tips is appreciated
icon_smile.gif

by the way, i REALLY recommend the skinlights line. it's a drugstore brand (obviously), but wow, it works, especially the loose powder. i love it.

I like Skinlights a lot too and have mixed it with foundation in the past to get that dewy look. My suggestion is to either get a little bowl or tile/palette and to start with less foundation than you normally use. Then mix in the highlighter thoroughly, to get even distribution. You can mix it up with a mini spatula, toothpick or Qtip. Heck, use your fingers if you want!
wink.gif
What proportions to use is up to you and how much coverage you want/need.
MAC's Hyper Real Foundation gives a similiar glowy effect (no mixing involved), since it's light reflective formula. But I like Skinlights a lot, for a more affordable option.

I'd use a little acrylic pot (the type samples come in) if you want to keep it for future use. Otherwise, pump a little on the back of your hand & swirl together, then apply w/a foundation brush.

A great option for acrylic pots are from food takeout places. Sometimes I get parmesan cheese in a side container & then wash it thoroughly & store any loose powder in it. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll find something @ the dollar-stores.

thanks, girls!

i'm actually not liking the color of my skinlights, so i think i'll go high-end and find something nice, like that armani veil i've heard good things about. first, i'll try it with skinlights and try to get the hang of it (proportioning it out and such) and then go buy another.

thanks again!
smile.gif

If I mix, I do it on the back of my hand. I'm too lazy to use anything else, LOL!
wink.gif

If you're looking for recs, I really like Benefit Moon Beam and High Beam.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme If you're looking for recs, I really like Benefit Moon Beam and High Beam. yeah, i was actually looking into those! thanks!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back