mmu that lasts all day?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to make my Jane Iredale mmu last on my face all day?

After a while throughout the day nearly my whole face is shiney and looks like its sweat.

I do have oily skin but I use dermalogica oil control lotion aswell as oil blotting sheets.

Can anyone reccomend something?

Sometimes I find if I dont apply much mmu i wont shine so bad but I like to have quite a good coverage.

Can anyone help me out

Originally Posted by southcitybabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is there anything I can do to make my Jane Iredale mmu last on my face all day?After a while throughout the day nearly my whole face is shiney and looks like its sweat.

I do have oily skin but I use dermalogica oil control lotion aswell as oil blotting sheets.

Can anyone reccomend something?

Sometimes I find if I dont apply much mmu i wont shine so bad but I like to have quite a good coverage.

Can anyone help me out

Do you scrub you face when you cleanse it? This sometimes will cause you to secrete more oil. Try gentle washing with a mild cleanser and rinse well.
Use an oil free moisturizer

On the most humid, sticky summer days, what I do is I apply a dusting of kaolin clay underneath my mmu. I have combo skin and this works out great for me. Also, what can work as well is applying an astringent (I use Clinique) with a cotton puff around the T-zone and then applying the kaolin clay, and then the mmu. I also sometimes blot my face during the day and then apply a little rice powder. Thankfully this only happens on those crazy sticky days, where you wish you could jump back into the shower immediately after having taken one!!!

Hope this helps you out,

CooCoo
sheep.gif

Everyone's made some great suggestions! Let us know if any of them work for you.

To funny! I just came home from work and said "I am going to post about how bad my Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup is looking".

I have now been using it for a week and at first no problem. But the past two days my face looks horrible. I have combo skin but my whole face looks oily and my make up is litterally sliding off my face. Usually you can't see my foundation but YUCK it looks like I caked it on in some places.

And Yes I use an oil control lotion then put on my primer. I used to use BareMinerals and this is why I switched because it was doing the same but not as bad.

I did sample Lumiere and it did not do this at all. My face looked fresh all day however it made me itch. I don't think I will spend another $41.00 on Jane Iredale foundation. When payday comes I will move on to try ED or Monave.

we have this shop in hk but this thing has bismuth which might contribute to the shine. i wouldnt use it !!

Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychioride, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. May contain: Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Carmine.

thats strange Southcitybabe-

i live in a hot sticky climate and use JI and have no problem..... used to have face running with perspiration in hurricane season! i use the pressed base, so maybe thats what you need to try?

Latest posts

Back