MMU Virgin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok girls im a complete virgin.

With mineral makeup that is rotfl

has anyone tried aubrey nicole? they seem to have a good sample range... I seriously havent tried any type of MMU in my whole life. I dont even know how to apply it - do you need a new/different blush?

tell me all, gorgeous MMU Yodas!

i have tried AN's fairest light cool it fits me just right coz i m pale and thats the colour mindy tried too. thats the only one i have tried in An so i dunno about other products it sells. their foundation has allantoin in it which helps retaining skin moisture and i have very dry skin right now but it didnt dry me out at all so i think its nice. in terms of coverage its doing it sjob well i have the full coverage and it manages to make my complexion muich better without caking or flaking. i was actually surprised by it as my complexion looks more even without looking like i have makeup on at all. i just look at myself and think "mm i look better but what has changed about my face?" lol i know that sounds weird but i like it overall.

with good concealer brush u can use the foundation itself as concealer.

right brushes are very important. what i heard from the ladies here are flatop offer more coverage than kabuki i only has kabuki so i dunno how the results differ. some say even typical powder brush would work but i m not sure.

concealer brush is very important too i tried to use just any brush and it wouldnt work out the same the coverage isnt as good.

i dunno much anymore about mmu than u haha thats what i can come up with right now
smile.gif
gd luck.

Take a look at the two posts I linked below. They will give you some information to get started.
smile.gif

Choosing MMU Samples

My MMU HGs

Everybody in the MMU forum knows alot. Let us know if you need additional informaiton.

Hope this helps some!

thanks chickens.. seriously I am interested but it's all so intimidating and confusing

yay, welcome aboard Rosie !!
biggrin.gif

just order some samples of a few brands and see what works for you. i'm still kind of a newbie myself, i only tried bare minerals and Lily Lolo foundations. for the foundation brushes, i either use a kabuki or the flawless face brush from Bare Minerals if that helps.

I love AN, it's my HG. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

...and no, you don't need new blush, haha.

I would try and sample a bunch of different companies, a few favourites are: Lumiere, Meow Cosmetics, and Everyday Minerals (There are soooo many more, but these are a few of my faves.)

It also helps if you know if you are a cool, warm, olive (since most mineral companies describe thier colours using skin tone).

Just sample like crazy!
laughing.gif

Kabuki brush is a necessity pretty much, though you can use other types of brushes. I prefer the kabuki myself. Do you need a new one? No...but you can find some awesome brushes that don't shed or anything if you look around.

i agree with Solimar. i tried first with a powder brush. not very satisfied (in terms of coverage, too sheer for me, that said i had a lot more acne scars and pimples to cover than i do now). a kabuki works better.

Ive tried a lot of them and my faves are BE Monave,and Mad I use a flat top brush to apply

Yeah I'm not much better than you are. I've only tried MMU a few times before. Mainly, because my mom and grandmother ordered a big thing of BE and split it up between them.

Yep I think you should need a kabuki or flat top to get coverage. Have you decided on some brands to sample?

I recently tried a Kabuki brush for the first time, and I love it! I had been using a fluffy blush brush. I still like that one for mineral finishers, but the dense kabuki type brushes are really great for foundation coverage! The only bad thing is, the one I got is NOT soft. Maybe they're not meant to be though.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont even know how to apply it - do you need a new/different blush?
tell me all, gorgeous MMU Yodas!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif thanks chickens.. seriously I am interested but it's all so intimidating and confusing i feel that way too
sadyes.gif

Intimidating?! It's pretty simple, actually. Not very complicated at all.

I find MMU easier to apply than regular MU, since with that, some people really have this big issue with blending it in and all that stuff.

With MMU, all you do is tap some into your makeup lid, or any flat plate or something, swirl your kabuki brush in the MU, tap off the excess and buff into your skin. Simple, and it takes a few seconds. No worrying about it being uneven, etc. It's awesome. If you are wanting to try it -- do it. I will never go back to regular MU ever!

i've never tried it either, but want to since i'm gertting married in two months and need to look perfect! is it good for oily skin?

Originally Posted by mrom /img/forum/go_quote.gif i've never tried it either, but want to since i'm gertting married in two months and need to look perfect! is it good for oily skin? My oily skin is why I found mmu. I would put on my foundation and before I left for work about an hour later, I could see that my face was oily and the foundation looked to be separating. MMU is great for all skin types. You just have to learn what ingredients work best for your skin. I look for kaolin clay and rice powder. Others with dry skin, would probably want to avoid those. Spend a little time on this board and you will find a wealth of information. Go to the mineral site sticky that Sirvinya started and start looking at some mmu companies. Most offer very cheap samples for you to try. Depending on the type of coverage that you want, you would need a kabuki, flat top or flocked sponge to start with. There are tutorials at MUT and there are also tutorials on You Tube so you can get the basic hang of applying mmu.

Latest posts

Back