MMU with a sheen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are some mineral brands that have a strong sheen? I herd somewhere that the ones with bismuth usually have a sheen, is that true? Im looking to order some samples. Thanks!

Yes, bismuth gives a shiny appearance, but it also irritates some skin types. Why don't you try adding a luminating finishing powder to your mineral foundations?

I love adding Aromaleigh's luminesce divine finishing powder to my glissade or voile foundation. It gives me a nice glowy finish! I have pics if you'd like to see what I mean.

Bismuth kind of has a bad reputation among MMU lovers. It's true that it does irritate a lot of people's skin. And if you have oily skin, it might make your skin look greasy. If you don't have these problems, you might want to try Bare Escentuals. It's okay, but I still prefer other brands. Umm, Sheer Cover has bismuth too, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Originally Posted by Wism /img/forum/go_quote.gif What are some mineral brands that have a strong sheen? I herd somewhere that the ones with bismuth usually have a sheen, is that true? Im looking to order some samples. Thanks! Everyday Minerals Original Glow is similar to BE but no Bismuth. You can try samples for free; you pay shipping.
In Lumiere her Luminess formula is glowy. (Again no Bismuth)

Thanks! No bismuth for me, I'd love to see your pictures Citre! I was going to buy that aromaleigh devine, but was not sure. Any other suggestions ladies? Thank you so Much!!

Everyday Mineral's Original Glo gives skin a nice dewy finish especially for normal to dry skin. However, if you are looking for coverage, Original Glo won't deliver that; you have to have fairly good skin to wear it in my opinion.

Their website gives out free samples, you just have to pay for shipping.

You can try Elegant Minerals, they give you elegant sheen, and have no bismuth. Also Lumiere cashmere foundation gives this wonderful glow to the face, and still no bismuth.

I don't like foundations that give this flat grey look, but certainly would not use anything that contains bismuth. My face just hates foundations with bismuth. They look nice when you put them on, but after few hours make my face look extremly oily. Moreover bismuth clogs my pores and breaks me out.

Thanks! I keep hearing I should try Lumiere MMU but I would love to see come pictures. I need good coverage but hate matte/flat foundations.

I know Mindy on here wears Luminesse! Maybe if you look through some FOTD threads you can find her posts. I'll try to help you find some! It always looks really pretty on her.

Here is a pic of me wearing their luminesce divine power. I mixed it with their glissade foundation then applied it. If that is still not sheeny enough for you, tomorrow when I put it on I'll apply it afterwards and take a picture so you can see the difference! Also, I took some pictures today for FOTD and I'll post them here in a bit.

l_3727d0729daafa8365a7d5beaa63c904.png

EDIT: I found a FOTD where I think Mindy is wearing Luminesse! (I say this because she usually wears it and here it looks like she is!)

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f58...ml#post1186690

whoah! you are beautiful! your skin looks like its good to start with! Thank you for the pictures! I will definitely be ordering the luminesse, I hope it works out......I keep going back and forth to MMU, I love that its natural but have not had any luck finding any that meet all my expectation....it hard. Thanks Citre!!!

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif BE also give a sheen I noticed that, i didn't know it was the bismuth, how come UD doesn't give me a sheen?

Somehow, I love BE's sheen (as crazy as it may sound). But I itch like crazy every time I use it. Sad
frown.gif
I might try EDM's Original Glo too
smile.gif

Lure Beauty's Luminous formula is quite glowy - it is made to be creamy and glowy like BE but without the bismuth.

Originally Posted by Wism /img/forum/go_quote.gif whoah! you are beautiful! your skin looks like its good to start with! Thank you for the pictures! I will definitely be ordering the luminesse, I hope it works out......I keep going back and forth to MMU, I love that its natural but have not had any luck finding any that meet all my expectation....it hard. Thanks Citre!!! Wism - Did you ever try the luminesse?
Citre - What a great picture! You and Mindy both look beautiful! The Divine Powder is a finishing powder, not a foundation - is that right?

You are both very young with fabulous skin though... how do the glowy foundation/finishing powders look on someone over forty? Does it make flaws and texture stand out?

Any pictures from the over 40 crowd using glowy MMU? I've been thinking of trying the EM Original Glo, but I keep thinking it will make my skin look worse. I've been wearing the matte foundation lately, and I really like it. I hope it doesn't look too 'flat' though.

Originally Posted by mk12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wism - Did you ever try the luminesse?
Citre - What a great picture! You and Mindy both look beautiful! The Divine Powder is a finishing powder, not a foundation - is that right?

You are both very young with fabulous skin though... how do the glowy foundation/finishing powders look on someone over forty? Does it make flaws and texture stand out?

Any pictures from the over 40 crowd using glowy MMU? I've been thinking of trying the EM Original Glo, but I keep thinking it will make my skin look worse. I've been wearing the matte foundation lately, and I really like it. I hope it doesn't look too 'flat' though.

I did try the luminesse but it did not have enough coverage/sheen for me, it still looked flat to me?
kopfkratz.gif
I loved loved loved the wear and feel/look/sheen of EDM original glow but found that it does not give good coverage at all either, I had to layer it on about 5-6 times, and it would not look cakey even after so many layers but was just a hassle to have to take so long.....Guess I am back to liquid foundation..... (after having tried about 15-20 different brands of MMU
eusa_whistle.gif
)

Thanks for the update Wism!
smile.gif
Wow, that's a lot of sampling. Can't say you didn't give MMU a fair shot. LOL.

Did you ever try the EM Intensive or other mineral foundation with heavier coverage, and then just add a layer of Original Glo over it?

I've been thinking of getting an Original Glo sample, but I don't think it would work for me by itself.

It's funny, when I first tried EM, I wasn't sure the Semi-Matte or Intensive were glowy enough. Then I decided my face had too much shine, so I went with Matte, which I really like.

... Except every once in a while I start wondering if it's too 'flat' or not 'glowy' enough. Ah, will I ever be satisfied?

Latest posts

Back