Mod Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Mod Cosmetics? http://modcosmetics.com

Janelle recommended the brand but I couldn't find any reviews for their products on MUT. I'm particularly interested in their e/s; if anyone likes them I might use some of my birthday money on a few e/s palletes
wink.gif
I want some pink / purple / berry colors but I'm having a hard time finding anything with enough pigmentation in the drugstores. Thanks!

I think the computer ate my post so I'll try again
wink.gif

Anyways, thanks Charmaine, I have tried Milani ... I have Taffy which is not bad, but the only purple shade I could find in any of the drugstores in town is Shock which looked way too bright for me. (However on Walgreens.com, Shock looks like a dark purple, while Enchantment looks like the Shock I saw in the store....) But I'd really like some more "mature" colors like muave pinks and plum purples -- bright pinks and purples look a little young to me, and I already look younger than I am
wink.gif

Mod also had a peach shade which I'd like to try ... Peach seems to be an uncommon color in drugstore brands, from what I've seen. (And I can't find Milani Peachy Peach anywhere, not even on Milani's website, so I think they discontinued it!)

Originally Posted by Liz here is the original post about mod cosmetics:https://forum.makeuptalk.com/sho...ight=cosmetics

check out ebay. i see the stuff they sell on there a lot. or at least i see the huge eye shadow palettes that they sell on ebay.

yeah they have them on Ebay - you just have to make sure they are the Mod brand though... they are usually the same price on ebay that they are on their website ($59.99) you just have to check out the shipping, and if there are taxes. My mom just ordered the 88 palette from their site, and it came to like $70 including tax & s/h. So you just have to try and get one that will save you $ on the tax/shipping. The e/s are really great though - I can't believe how pigmented they are. The color you see, is the color you get, in one swipe. So being you don't have to pile it on to get the color, I'm sure they will last a long time. They last all day, and they don't crease. (I used a base though - not sure how long they stay crease-free on their own) but I love them. It's almost as bold as the Ben Nye colors give... but really affordable.
wink.gif

I'm waiting for my order from MOD. I bought a couple of eye shadow pallettes. I review them as soon as I receive them!!

thanks girls! I wasn't planning on getting the 88 color pallete (I wouldn't even wear half of the shades), just a few of the 5-color palletes or a few singles.

Quote:
girl geek, have you tried revlon's 12 hour eyeshadow? i LOVE revlon eyeshadows. they're inexpensive VERY pigmented.
http://revlon.com/product.asp?Produ...86&Mode=catalog

they have a palette with berry colors, too. it's called berry bloom, the last one on the page.

I tried Berry Bloom (the only Revlon shadows I've ever tried) and the pigmentation sucked. The dark purple was barely visible after several coats and the other colors didn't show up at all. Now I didn't try them wet, maybe that would help a little, but I can't imagine it making that huge of a difference .... But it seems like it's hard to find good pinks and purples in the drugstores -- I have some brown L'Oreal shadows that I like and have good pigmentation, but their Berry Pinks duo had terrible pigmentation!

Originally Posted by Liz here is the original post about mod cosmetics:https://forum.makeuptalk.com/sho...ight=cosmetics

check out ebay. i see the stuff they sell on there a lot. or at least i see the huge eye shadow palettes that they sell on ebay.

oops, silly me, I searched the Reviews but not the Forums before starting this thread
wink.gif

yay! let us know how you guys like the mod stuff!

the 88 shade palette looks fun :icon_love

ok... update on the 88 palette... Mom just got hers yesterday, and yes, they are the same shadows that are in the 5 pan strip palettes, but they are SMALL!!! They are about the size of a dime. It's not the BIG sizes that come in the 5 color palettes. The whole palette is about the size of HALF a piece of 8 1/2x11" printer paper. The colors are awesome, but they're not very big... but being that you don't use a lot because they're so pigmented, I'm sure it will still last awhile though. Just don't be surprised when you get a small box in the mail!
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 ok... update on the 88 palette... Mom just got hers yesterday, and yes, they are the same shadows that are in the 5 pan strip palettes, but they are SMALL!!! They are about the size of a dime. It's not the BIG sizes that come in the 5 color palettes. The whole palette is about the size of HALF a piece of 8 1/2x11" printer paper. The colors are awesome, but they're not very big... but being that you don't use a lot because they're so pigmented, I'm sure it will still last awhile though. Just don't be surprised when you get a small box in the mail!
icon_neutral.gif
Wow that's wonderful! I really like smaller sized portions of makeup. It takes 1000 years to get through an entire MAC-sized eye shadow pan, so it would take 8800 years to get through that palette if the pans were larger.

I was hoping it would be bigger, but I guess it's better that it's not so it can fit in one of my set kits.

Originally Posted by envymi I was hoping it would be bigger, but I guess it's better that it's not so it can fit in one of my set kits. Yeah, it's tiny compared to what I thought it would be. The shadows in the 5 color strip palettes are even somewhat larger than MAC e/s. So I thought this thing was going to be the size of a laptop! LOL But the color is so bold, that you only need one or two strokes of the brush to get full color on your lids, so I'm sure it will last. If it were larger, Suzukigrrl's right - you'd still have this in 50 years. LOL
icon_eek.gif

(Sorry, I put Marisol at first instead of Suzuki, don't know why - guess it's time for bed!!! LOL)

Originally Posted by Charmaine Aw that's so disappointing! Yes & no... yes because I got the idea they were larger from the pics... they can be deceiving. But no, because it's a lot more portable the size it is... and in reality - with the way this shadow goes on, you will get a lot of use out of it anyway.
icon_wink.gif
Might try playing with some colors tomorrow...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

*bump*

Just wondering if anyone who ordered some Mod products has tried them out yet.
smile.gif

Also has anyone tried the lipglosses? Do they have much color or do they go on pretty sheer? It seems like most of my drugstore l/g are too sheer .... I have 5 or 6 different colors but they all look about the same when I put them on! lol

Originally Posted by girl_geek *bump*
Just wondering if anyone who ordered some Mod products has tried them out yet.
smile.gif

Also has anyone tried the lipglosses? Do they have much color or do they go on pretty sheer? It seems like most of my drugstore l/g are too sheer .... I have 5 or 6 different colors but they all look about the same when I put them on! lol

I'm still waiting for mine...I ordered some glosses too when I ordered the palette...hopefully it will be here soon.

Just managed to get a hold of mom's palette this morning! lol Figured I'd take a pic - and one in comparison to a MAC palette, so you can get an idea of the size. The colors are so awesome though!! :icon_love

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Just managed to get a hold of mom's palette this morning! lol Figured I'd take a pic - and one in comparison to a MAC palette, so you can get an idea of the size. The colors are so awesome though!! :icon_love Yeah.. I've been looking at that palette for a long time now and I saw the dimensions of the pans on the auction and wasn't sure if I was going to go for it or not. Looks like pretty colors come in it.. I think I may or may not splurge on that thing this summer.

Latest posts

Back