Monave.....Day 3

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW. I put my Monave on at 5am yesterday and didn't get home til 130 am this morning. It was still on and still looking pretty good after almost 24 hours.

I just found Monave samples in my mailbox. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

The only problem is, that I'm afraid that non of the samples will match my skintone. They are sooo yellow.

Thankfuly I also ordered their color adjuster, so maybe it will help. I got Canela, Saturnina, Beverly, Tan Girl and Cecilia. Only Tan girl is cool, and the rest is yellow.

I'm neutral, so I'm thinking to mix something. I'll try them tomorrow and let you know
smile.gif

I hope I'll love them less than Meow, while today I just got the confirmation that two 3 oz. jars of Meow foundation are on their way
smile.gif
Together with my samples, I have enough mineral makeup to use it everyday for couple of years.

Ok So I tried Monave. I had to do the mix, while the colors where a problem.

To tell the truth I didn't fall in love with Monave. It's too heavy for me. It covers everything, I agree, but it's so easy to overdo Monave.

One layer is max for me. I still get cakey and powdery look, and I feel like I had liquid foundation on my face.

I used different techniqes, but certainly Monave will not be my HG. Aubrey Nicole and Meow are best for me, I also like Lumiere - however this one is very easy to overdo and achieve cakey effect.

I like Monave a lot. I am after a real foundation, not mere powders. EDM and AN FC did nothing for me. Monave covers the dark circles, purplish, reddish veins and blemishes. I don't use it too thick, only conceal where neccesary and lightly apply some on the whole face with a foundation brush. I've also tried mixing with my olay regenerist and it worked great. Other brands, they don't meld as quickly & too sheer. Another fast flawless finish for me is mixing with water to get a very runny consistency and sweeping the liquid with the foundation brush onto the face like painting a canvas. I am surprised the coverage is so good after being diluted. I use the normal foundation. I do find the concealer type too cakey. The kaolin tends to separate faster once the face gets oily.

YAY good thing you like the product, and good that the tut was helpful!
smile.gif

I ordered samples four days ago and cant wait anymore! How long will they take? I am super exited!

I got my samples two days ago and....I wanted to like Monave, I really did, it was my last try for mineral makeup, I had given it up after trying so many brands and being dissapointed but...no, monave seemed no different to me, It did not give me good coverage as I anticipated, what am I doing wrong? Everyone here said it gives excellent coverage but no, you could see through it to some scars and if I put more on then it looks really cakey and dry, I have combo skin so I dont know why that happened. It also felt masky when I was moving my face, and thats not considering that the sample was not even the right color, I based my analysis strickly on texture, finish, feel and wear of which I was only satified with how long it lasted......(sigh) I guess its back to Channel for me.

I love Monave too! One of my HG's. Creamy finish, great coverage and staying power. I have serious yellow undertones and I use Saturnina.
smile.gif

I love love love Monave! I'm Canela. The sample really goes a long way. I only have to use a little to get the coverage I need. Much more economical than the other MMU brands I use.
smile.gif

have never tried mineral makeup and am looking for a new foundation for my oily skin, think this might be the brand and time to try
smile.gif

Back