Monave.....Day 3

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, Have been using the wet method for the foundation but was apprehensive to try wet blush, but today I gave it a shot. I had to use much less than I would have if it were dry. My blush is actually Aubrey Nicole-Dusty Rose. It's so beautiful...rosy and terracotta looking at the same time if you can picture that with a slight shimmer. Went on well wet and blended beautifully and easily......but I digress, back to Monave. I had concocted my own blend of Yolanda, Sharon and Toni and used dry the 1st day then watched Thais's video tutorial and applied it exactly like she does for the last 2 days. I have a very oily Tzone and super dry cheeks. It's hot and humid as hell here but only one powder touch up each day. My powder is also my own conconction. It was very technical..........I took my BM mineral veil that I had left then took every single sample powder that I received in the last few weeks and dumped it in. Luckily it worked. My foundation though has not budged. I have fine lines around my eyes and forehead, dark undereye circles, huge pores on my nose and cheeks and the usual over 40 age stuff. Covers it all. It's smooth and silky and the coverage is just wonderful and it blends to a velvety semi matte finish. I use a oil free face lotion then Pure Luxe Eraser all over the face then the wet Monave foundation, powder and last is blush. I am so happy with this product in case you couldn't tell. Just wanted to share my results with all of you.

They are lighter than on screen. Maybe a shade. I have strong yellow undertones and I had bought full size yolanda which was perfect as far as undertones but a little light. The Sharon was my extra baggie that I ordered for their $35 deal but it didn't have enough yellow, so I took my little sample pot of Toni which is very yellow and added about 1/4 tsp and it turned out perfect. I bought regular formula and it gives plenty of coverage. The wet method gives superb coverage with the regular formula.

I'm waiting for my monave samples to come in the mail, and just reading this review makes me even more excited to get it then i already am!!! I sure hope I love it as much as you do!

I can't imagine that you won't. It's awesome stuff.........Let us know.

I'm also awaitng my monave samples. I'll have 6 foundations shades to try. I'm still in love with Meow, but who knows.

As to the wet MMU application, after I saw Thais method of applying the MMU, I've never tried to apply MMU dry again.

I even modified this lately with my Meow samples. I use their primer for oily skin, and than apply the foundation (usually two layers) than on top of foundtaion I use their setting powder, which is the best thing from Meow, and than I spray my face with thermal water. When my face is dry again, I put some bronzer and the glow powder, and I love the look.

I do not use the blushes and never treid applying bronzer wet, but I think I may try.

I'm really anoxious about Monave samples. If they are better than Meow, than I'm totally lost. This would be the third brand for me. I also like Aubrey Nicole.

I have always applied my MMU dry but Monave is my HG hands down. I love it soooooooo much.

Originally Posted by simplicity /img/forum/go_quote.gif i just can't wait to receive my monave samples!!! and let us know how you like them............

Originally Posted by etselec /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do you apply mineral wet? Do you use a flocked sponge? Just spritz the brush. Spritz, tab, buff as usual. Thais did a wonderful tutorial on how to do it, it's in the tut forum. It's called "Eureka!"
(I should really just bookmark that link, I feel like I bring it up whenever someone asks this!
lol.gif
)

I got my monave samples yesterday!! AND...I tried them out today and LOVED it! I think I found my hg for mineral makeup. They cover everything, and I have a few dark acne scars that are very hard to cover with anything else. It also lasts really long, there was no rub off while i applied it either like i've noticed with other mmu. I also loved their illuminating powders, especially "Glow." I am now on my way to order full sizes because I got lucky in finding my perfect shade in the samples.

I was really surprised that it covered all of my scars, because I only got their regular formula, it wasn't even the concealer-formula! Can you believe that?!! I can't even imagine how much the concealer-formula might cover!!!!

And by the way, they have a lot of eyeshadow samples that are free!!! I got all of them lol!

I only ordered two foundation shades because I knew that one of the two was gonna be a hit. I got Cecilia and Saturnina, the Cecilia turned out to be a little too yellow, and trust me, I'm YELLOW, lol, but the Saturnina was perfect. I have strong yellow undertones and fall into the light-medium category. I also got two baggies of setting powder, 2 glisten, 2 glow, and like 8 eyeshadow samples. All of the eyeshadow samples came from the sultry collection. Also, if you want to get like 4 foundation samples, then get the sample set that monave offers. You can get up to 4 foundation colors, plus any 6 baggies of other stuff for $10. They group the sets by color, and by light to dark.

Originally Posted by Mikitapatel /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was really surprised that it covered all of my scars, because I only got their regular formula, it wasn't even the concealer-formula! Can you believe that?!! I can't even imagine how much the concealer-formula might cover!!!!
And by the way, they have a lot of eyeshadow samples that are free!!! I got all of them lol!

So glad you loved it. I am diggin' this stuff a lot.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif What?! Get out! OMG! I already have the 5 concealer forumlas in my cart, but I guess I'll get the regular formula too. I am going to spend so much money now!
doh.gif
I'm about to get into eyeshadows too so I'm getting them all as well!
biggrin.gif

May I ask which shades you ordered? I'm just wondering if we are the same complexion or close?

I only have the regular formulas also. I'm tellin ya they are plenty of coverage and wet is even better and it only takes a little bit. Whatever you use dry...use less wet.

MONAVE is not the bomb, but the explosion after!! it's my HG and by far the most superior MMU out there! love to hear others loving MONAVE too!!

Hey Ohhappydayes,

I think we are similar shades, but go with saturnina more, because the other shade is REALLY yellow.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just looked at your pic in your profile and we look really close in regard to complexion so I'm thinking maybe I could wear the same shade? What do you think? This pic was taken in my bathroom, no makeup (except lipstick), no flash.

I don't know girl, I want to cover a lot of stuff.
rofl.gif
This pic was on a good day! lol

You are so pretty. Regular formula wet will do the trick........

Yea, I agree the regular will do, because I ordered some more samples in which I got the concealer-formula of my shade, and it was too much! I didn't do anything different then I do with the regular formula, but for some reason the concealer one clumped in certain places on my face, and looked really orange. So I prefer the regular one as well because it covers like crazy and looks amazing!

Latest posts

Back