Monthly Shoes - Epic Fail

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been a member of these Shoe-of-the-Month clubs for about two years now and I have a total of 5 pairs of shoes that I've actually ordered.

Yes, I'm constantly skipping months.  Not so much because of price or style, but mostly because of QUALITY!

So today, my FB buddy sends me a new link...  so I look and Im loving the style.  The price is $10.00 more and they claim designer brands so I figure, why not... my first shoe choice will be 50% off and I'm all about it.  UNTIL I take a closer look... now tell me, do you see what I see?

If this is your model's shoe, then I wonder what the hell I'm gonna get??

So, needless to say I will not be signing up for this month club.

I'd rather go to Marshalls and spend $50 on an actual name brand that is better made.

I really did love these shoes too.
scared.gif

It could be my computer screen (kinda small and color is a little whacky), but what is wrong with the shoes?

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It could be my computer screen (kinda small and color is a little whacky), but what is wrong with the shoes?

You can see where the shoe upper is glued to the sole and its already coming apart. :/

I don't like shoe clubs, the quality of the shoes seems way to cheap! Blister city!

I'll join a shoe club the day they have "Vans Classic Slip On of the Month" Club.

Seriously, I would! 

But it is true that I wear the abovementioned on a daily basis.....In the past ten years, the only time I've worn anything else is the rare occasion that I was in a skirt.

I'm currently on ShoeDazzle, but these are from Sole Society.

Both companies fail in the quality department.  Any time I take a closer look at the shoe and magnify them... I always see shotty craftsmanship.  Which is why I have only purchased maybe 5 shoes in the 2 some odd years I've been with them.

Sole Society is slightly more expensive than ShoeDazzle and I was expecting something "more" with the price, but was thoroughly dissapointed when I saw these (the ones I really wanted with my 50% off coupon).

Wow seems like the quality doesn't match the price tag. I always wondered about these shoe clubs and almost signed up but now I'm glad I didn't. I normally buy cheaper shoes but many times they are name brands on clearance and at least I know I get the quality I'm used to. The shoes in the picture are super cute though.

hmm...you all are making my disappointment greater.  First of all I can't join any of them because my feet are too small (I've lived the last 10 years saying that I'm a small size 5, but after shopping with my sister's petite blogger friends a few times I've realized that I'm actually a 4.5 who can fit into small size 5's or large size 4's...my sis is closer to a 3.5-4), but I recently found out that shoemint offers size 5-11, and I'm too afraid of spending $80 for a size 5 that'll be too big (I typically don't spend $80 on shoes in the first place -- although I'm learning that for good quality + perfect fit, I really should be willing to spend $80-$150, especially considering shoes can't be tailored or hemmed, so it's worth an extra $20-$50 just for a perfect fit).

But now even if I found a size 5 that fits, it might show up with shoddy quality.  sigh. I need to start making more trips out to Nordstrom Rack!

I'm not the biggest fan of Sole Society just because of the price. They are not worth it. Although, I like that they offer more mid-height heels. 

But Im am obsessed and in love with Shoedazzle. I have bought boots, heels, flats, jewelry, PURSES! I absolutely adore Shoedazzle's purses, more so than the shoes. I don't wear leather but still want the newest styles and shapes. I get so many compliments on all of my SD pieces. Their flats run small and are a bit uncomfortable but my boots and wedges and heels are all amazing and super comfortable. I use two SD purses on a daily basis; one I've had for over 6mos and it still looks brand new!

I don't see why not join, you can easily skip every month ever. February for all of my fashion clubs was a disappointment, but some months I have to physically tie myself from buying everything I want. Plus, you can always return the shoes for a credit if they don't fit. Or trade them or sell them on ebay if you want cash. 

Latest posts

Back