More Bombings?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How are our fellow Londoners making out? I just got word from our Emergency Operations that there were 3 more bombings.

Stay safe!

Let's hope they get these insane folks and quickly.

My prayers are with you!

LONDON (AP) - Two weeks after suicide attacks on subway stations and a bus, police evacuated three subway stations and a bus after reports of smoke and an explosion Thursday. Police said one person was hurt but it was not a "major incident." The bus operator said the windows of the double-decker bus were blown out.

Police announced they were sending emergency teams to the Warren Street, Shepherds Bush and Oval stations after reports at lunch time of unspecified incidents. One witness told Sky TV that another subway passenger told him a backpack exploded at the Warren Street station and there were reports of smoke.

Prime Minister Tony Blair canceled his afternoon appointments as the developments unfolded.

More than an hour after the reports, Metropolitan Police said they were not treating it as a major incident on a par with the July 7 attacks the killed 56 people, including four suicide bombers.

However, the incidents were hauntingly similar to the blasts two weeks ago, which involved explosions at three Underground stations simultaneously - quickly followed by a blast on a bus. Those bombings, during the morning rush hour, also occurred in the center of London, hitting the Underground railway from various directions.

Thursday's incidents, however, were more geographically spread out.

London Ambulance said it was called to the Oval station at 12:38 p.m. and Warren Street at 12:45 p.m. The July 7 attacks began at 8:51 a.m.

Originally Posted by Naturally

How are our fellow Londoners making out? I just got word from our Emergency Operations that there were 3 more bombings.
Stay safe!

Let's hope they get these insane folks and quickly.

My prayers are with you!

It's scary and no one quite knows what's going on.

I'm at work and i think it's safest to be here until we know what's happening.

Hope all the London MUT'ers are ok. And also Trisha, as i know she's in London today.

Honestly... when is this going to stop? When I heard about this, I thought of all the MUTers that are from there. I hope Trisha is ok.

Latest posts

Back