Most Inexpensive Mineral Foundations

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been interested in MMU for ages, since my skin is so sensitive and breakout prone.

However, my makeup budget is low and I never splurge on daily items. Mineral foundations generally run a bit expensive (compared to the drugstore foundations I usually use). What are some of the cheaper ones out there?

For standard size, i.e. 8-10 g NET WEIGHT (30 g by volume), I prefer under $15.

I've been looking at a few brands and prices:

Fyrinnae - at $13-14/18 g, this is definitely the cheapest, esp. w/ free shipping

EDM - at $12/8 g and less than half that price when you buy kits, it's definitely also a steal

Meow - for the amount you get (30 g net weight), $17-27 is very cheap; the Munchkins are reasonable too, at $11-15/8 g

(Aubrey Nicole at $12 isn't too bad, but unlike the other 3, it has thickening/creamy ingredients that always break out my super clog prone skin)

Besides these 3 brands, I have not found any that would suit my budget

borderline too expensive: Lumiere $16-18/8 g (it does have free shipping though, right? so thats kinda cheaper...); Alima $19/9 g; Aromaleigh $16/8 g; Pure Luxe

definitely too expensive: Monave, Sheer Cover, Bare Escentuals, Jane Iredale

So...

What brands are cheap? And out of these cheap brands, what is your favorite?

Thanks!!!

signature minerals also very inexpensive: Foundation is $10 for a standard 30 g volume 10 g net weight jar.

And they eyeshadows are awsome.

Originally Posted by peachycheeks /img/forum/go_quote.gif signature minerals also very inexpensive: Foundation is $10 for a standard 30 g volume 10 g net weight jar. And they eyeshadows are awsome.

thanks! =)

Originally Posted by korina981 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ocean mist thanks, I looked them up and they seem nice! damn, so unfortunate that they had to use myristates! total nono for my skin =(

I just started using Signature Mineral Make-up and LOVE it! The prices are great and I think it looks more natural then Bare Escentuals. Also you can get free samples!!

I just got my EDM order a little over a week ago now and I love it. You can not beat the price either.

Taylor Made Minerals? I went on the website the other day and glanced at the foundations, and they seemed pretty cheap. Plus they're having a sale right now!

Mad Minerals, love them and great customer service and she really fills those littlle pots up

How bout Silk Naturals... for $9.99 you get these:

1. 1 full tablespoon of white foundation

2. 1 full tablespoon of ebony foundation

3. 1 empty sifter jar for mixing and storing your foundation

4. 1 measuring scoop

5. 1 sample of Perfecting Powder

These are the Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Silk Powder, Silica and natural mineral pigments

you just mix 'em up to whatever shade you are at the moment (if you tan, etc)

hmmm.. i don't think i can suggest any other brands that haven't already been mentioned, but i will suggest that you go to EDM. my skin isn't really sensitive but it's acne prone. i swear, my acne got so bad sometimes that i had to take a needle to a certain pimples just so they could heal. yeah, it was that bad.

anyways, since i've been using EDM (about 5 months now), i rarely (and i mean RARELY!) get any moderate to severe breakouts. and those few breakouts were due to hormones. my skin is much better now. just little pimples every so often. also, EDM doesn't have anything that could irritate sensitive skin either (unless you're allergic to mica or titanium dioxide or something).

so yeah... go for EDM. their products rock and it's dirt cheap compared to other mmu companies.

Happy MMU shopping! =D

I think Silk Naturals is the cheapest foundation. The disadvantage of this foundation is the fact that you need to mix two colors, but on the other hand you do not need to sample many shades to get a color match. And to tell the truth the quality of this foundation is really nice. It's on the third place of my foundation HGs.

Originally Posted by babyanj /img/forum/go_quote.gif How bout Silk Naturals... for $9.99 you get these:1. 1 full tablespoon of white foundation

2. 1 full tablespoon of ebony foundation

3. 1 empty sifter jar for mixing and storing your foundation

4. 1 measuring scoop

5. 1 sample of Perfecting Powder

These are the Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Silk Powder, Silica and natural mineral pigments

you just mix 'em up to whatever shade you are at the moment (if you tan, etc)

argh....i cant use stearates, unless they're far down on the ingredients list =(

Originally Posted by dlwt2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mad Minerals, love them and great customer service and she really fills those littlle pots up how did your skin react to mad minerals?

^^aww too bad... maybe you could email them, I think they do custom jobs sometimes

Originally Posted by Ode to Joy /img/forum/go_quote.gif how did your skin react to mad minerals? oh gosh never a problem with them, I have probably ordered 3 or 4 times from them~~planning on placing another order shortly

There are 2 I have used that you can order samples from that are really inexpensive and the samples last a long time...both are good. Jlynne Cosmetics or Alima. I cannot post a link, I get an error message Just do a Search for Jlynne or Alima and there should be a link that comes up. Also, sometimes you can find samples of Bare Escentual mineral makeup on Ebay for not much money.

Latest posts

Back