Mosturizer Suggestions Please

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Right now I'm using Ponds Cream for Dry Skin. I feel its just too heavy. What brand do you use for under your makeup?

I'm currently loving the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Visibly Even moisturizer with SPF 15. It's a light moisturizer -- so I had to get used to that because I'm used to heavier moisturizers. I have oily skin, and I found this to be a great product for my skin type.

Pd_00253_00_lg.jpg

As many already know, I am in love with MAC's Strobe Cream. Its an awesome moisturizer. I have dry skin too and I love the radiance that it gives to my face.

At night, I do use something a bit heavier - MD Formulations Facial Creme.

Thanks for the suggestions. For the strobe creme - is it tinted or colored in any way? Or can every skin color and type use the same 1 bottle?

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel Thanks for the suggestions. For the strobe creme - is it tinted or colored in any way? Or can every skin color and type use the same 1 bottle? Nope... not colored - it's a "one size fits all" moisturizer! lol It's acutally an irridescent cream, that gives off a pearl like effect. I think there is a pic in the image gallery .. IIRC.
icon_wink.gif

I use Strobe Cream, MAC Studio Moisture Fix, Clinique Dramtically Different Lotion, or the Murad one from the Acne Complex kit.
wink.gif

Ya, I thought I might be putting too much of the Ponds on so I tried less with the same heavy result. I've been using it for years and I think its just time to try something new. It is a really good creme though. Great for people with really dry skin.

Does the strobe have any SPF in it?

hi, i just wanted to know if mac strobe cream is meant to be used over ordinary moisturizer or on its own as i was thinking about purchasing this product.

Originally Posted by shaztaf2003 hi, i just wanted to know if mac strobe cream is meant to be used over ordinary moisturizer or on its own as i was thinking about purchasing this product. You can use it on its own. I use it when I go bare faced too.
It does not have SPF.

I have tried the lotion version of Have A Nice Day, very nice stuff, and it looks good under makeup, as well

The only one I've really liked is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer. Have been using it for years and years.

I'm thinking of using Aloe Vera gel 99% as well, as I hear it's great too.

Latest posts

Back