Moving company recommendation needed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

We have an upcoming interstate move (from WA to CA) and are trying to decide on which moving company to go with. I used United before for my company paid move from NJ to WA so I thought we would go with them, but it seems like it's the most expensive option along with Mayfair. 

I have been searching online and found some companies highly rated on consumeraffairs.com such as Colonial Van Lines and We Pack moving company. Colonial seems to offer an optimal price for the service we are requesting, but I am not sure since we haven't used them/don't know anyone personally who used them.

Do you have any experience with moving companies for an interstate move? Can you recommend any? It would be great if you have experience with Colonial and can comment on them. 
I cannot trust random reviews online, but know that I can trust you guys.

Thanks in advance

XOXO

We went with Colonial and all I can say is "don't do it!" If you're considering them.

They became very unresponsive after getting the booking payment and subcontracted a horrible company, ESP Motors which ruined all our belongings. They didn't wrap our furniture in blankets as we paid for and everything was covered in thick black soot, even the clothes/items in boxes!

Pay more and use United or Mayfair. It costs less at the end.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience @pearldrop. Sorry to hear you had problems with them..

Thanks so much for sharing your experience @pearldrop. Sorry to hear you had problems with them..
Thanks Reija. We had to live it to learn it. The topping on the cake is that we paid extra for the insurance with MovingInsurance.com without reading reviews, because this was suggested by Colonial. Never again! They found excuses for most of the expensive items and came up with a refund right below our deductible ($250 - which was the lowest available) so that they don't need to pay a dime. Afterwards, I read reviews online and it seems like everybody suffered from the same. Next time, if we move again - hope not, we will definitely use United. They did a great job doing our cross country move from NJ to WA early 2016.

Latest posts

Back