MTV Brings Back 'Unplugged' for Keys

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Alicia Keys has resurrected "MTV Unplugged." The singer and pianist has performed an acoustic set for the dormant MTV series, to air Sept. 23 (10 p.m. ET). MTV also announced Tuesday that the show will first premiere Sept. 15 on Overdrive, MTV's broadband network.

"I've always been a very big fan of the show and when they stopped doing it, I was like, what happened to 'MTV Unplugged?' I specifically went in there and said we have to do an 'Unplugged,'" Keys told AP Radio.

Keys' performance, filmed July 14 at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, is a group effort. Mos Def, Common and Damian Marley are her guests, as well as Maroon 5's Adam Levine.

"Adam Levine and I remade the Rolling Stones' classic 'Wild Horses' and it is right up my alley, that whole style" Keys said. "It has a style of its own but still stays very true to the classic arrangement and I love it."

Previous bare-bones performances on "Unplugged," which debuted in 1989, include those by Eric Clapton, Nirvana and Jay-Z. Dashboard Confessional and Shakira were two of the most recent acts on the series back in 2002.

After Keys' "MTV Unplugged" episode airs, it will be released as a CD and DVD on October 11.

I loved MTV UNPLUGGED. One of the only times you can experience an artist's true talent, unedited, untouched and REAL. I wonder if they lined up any other artists? I hope this isn't a one-time thing.

Originally Posted by Sofia I loved MTV UNPLUGGED. One of the only times you can experience an artist's true talent, unedited, untouched and REAL. I wonder if they lined up any other artists? I hope this isn't a one-time thing. I hope that it isn't either. Have you seen Alejandro Sanz' "Unplugged"? He is amazing!

No, Marisol, do you think it's online somewhere? I'm gonna run a search just to check. Although I can't understand Spanish, music is music and there are no barriers.

Originally Posted by Sofia No, Marisol, do you think it's online somewhere? I'm gonna run a search just to check. Although I can't understand Spanish, music is music and there are no barriers. Let me see if I can find it.
icon_wink.gif

That's really cool,I've always liked MTV Unplugged,they had some amazing moments (Nirvana,Clapton,...).

I'm sure Alicia Keys will be great,she's a very talented singer. I hope this is the beginning of a new long series of Unplugged. And I hope we'll get to see it over here as well.

I searched for his performance, but only found the DVD for sale. I really hope they continue with the Unplugged.

Latest posts

Back