MU Shelf Life Chart!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
~Here's a Handy Chart to remind you when it's time to read a product its last rights!~​

Eye Pencils Mascara 6-12 months
Concealer 12-18 months
Skin Tone Corrector 6-12 months
Foundation 6-12 months
Loose Powder 12-18 months
Pressed Powder 12-18 months
Powder Blush 12-18 months
Cream Powder Blush 12-18 months
Brush on Brow12-18 months
Brow Set 6-12 months
Lip Pencils 12-18 months
Lipstick 12-18 months

I think I need to be arrested b/c I've kept stuff much longer than that. LOL!
biggrin.gif

I need to be shot too! There's no way i'm going throwing out my MAC shadows in a few months!! Trisha, have you ever hit pan on any of your MAC shadows considering you use different ones all the time!

Thats interesting, guess I haveto throw half of my makeup drawer out!! jUst hard to let go of!

Originally Posted by Trisha Never hit pan, but have dips in some of them, mainly Naked Lunch, Shroom, Guacamole & Parrot!! Duno why those, cos I use them all equally! I love Shroom.. Naked Lunch i didn't like so i swapped it away. Never tried Guacomole or Parrot! what do you think of Electric Eel? I've been offered it in a swap. I don't know if i'd use it much though

Wow, I keep stuff way longer than that! In fact, most of my stuff is older than the recommend age to toss!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) ~Here's a Handy Chart to remind you when it's time to read a product its last rights!~

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3 border=5><TBODY><TR><TH>Product Description</TH><TH>Recommended

Product Life

</TH><TH>Product Description</TH><TH>Recommended

Product Life

</TH></TR><TR><TD>Eye Shadow</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD><TD>Eye Pencils</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mascara</TD><TD>6-12 months</TD><TD>Concealer</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD></TR><TR><TD>Skin Tone Corrector</TD><TD>6-12 months</TD><TD>Foundation</TD><TD>6-12 months</TD></TR><TR><TD>Loose Powder</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD><TD>Pressed Powder</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD></TR><TR><TD>Powder Blush</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD><TD>Cream Powder Blush</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD></TR><TR><TD>Brush on Brow</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD><TD>Brow Set</TD><TD>6-12 months</TD></TR><TR><TD>Lip Pencils</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD><TD>Lipstick</TD><TD>12-18 months</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Funny I heard that mascara should be used for more then 6 month max,I have a friend who is a make-up artist and i told her ones that my eyes becamesensitive to mascara and then she tld me life for mascara is usually 3 to 6 month max.

About the powder(and everythink with powder consitancy) I think they can be used for more the 12 months

I've heard that lately they are saying you should only use mascara for 3 months to avoid the build-up of bacteria ... I've been throwing out my mascaras after 3 months for several years now (another great reason to buy drugstore mascara, lol).

Most of my other stuff I just toss after a couple years or when the consistency changes
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back