MUFE jumped the shark.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered mine & the Boheme lipstick. I couldn't help myself. I was so pissed after months of waiting for that Smoky Eye palette only to find out we weren't gonna get it.

I know! I never got my hands on it, and the Wild & Chic palette at the JC Penny locations just doesn't interest me.
That palette looked boring to me as well. The type of colors in it are the ones that really make me look tired & that I generally avoid.

I think this looks really pretty--the palette AND that lipstick!  Leti let us know how you like it...so far I don't have any MUFE except for a cream blush--I've always wanted to try their shadows, just never have.  Maybe this will be my first...

Can someone explain to me why this is sad? If this were a collection of crackle polishes I would get it, but what about this is so bad?

The product is nothing new or innovative to the makeup community, nor is it a kit friendly product in my opinion. I wouldn't use baked mineral shadows for my clients, therefore it is not even a solid staple. MUFE has single eyeshadows, as do so many other brands, but what sets them apart is the professional quality. This is just...a typical sephora makeup palette. I'm sure the quality is really nice, but it isn't what I want from this particular brand.

Why does everything have to be kit friendly though? I am not trying be argumentative, but I don't get why. Professionals aren't their only clients. Why can't they create products that appeal to the at home user? Not every product out has to be a new innovation either. Plenty of companies release new products that aren't a new formula/product/makeup kit friendly. I guess I just have a different perspective. It may not be useful to makeup artists, but that doesn't make it a sad product IMO.

I agree, not everything needs to be kit friendly! I just held this brand as a professional makeup line that was accessible to consumers as well. I don't think anything about MUFE is innovative, really, they just tailor their products to artists wants and needs and provide quality makeup. I have a certain expectation from MUFE that all of their products are made with pros in mind. This is not in line with my expectations at all, so it is surprising and makes me sad. I'm not mad at MUFE, I am just disappointed that I don't like this new stuff. This is probably a really smart move for this brand, it makes it much more consumer friendly.

When I first saw this on Sephora, I thought it was Sephora brand product. I was shocked to see it was MUFE. It's kind of nice to see them getting colourful with their product packaging. I am also loving the lipsticks. I'm not sure if I'll cave-in and buy it before it goes to the Sale page or just sit on the sidelines until it does go on sale. The agony!!
wacko.gif

Originally Posted by Ray of sunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, not everything needs to be kit friendly! I just held this brand as a professional makeup line that was accessible to consumers as well. I don't think anything about MUFE is innovative, really, they just tailor their products to artists wants and needs and provide quality makeup. I have a certain expectation from MUFE that all of their products are made with pros in mind. This is not in line with my expectations at all, so it is surprising and makes me sad. I'm not mad at MUFE, I am just disappointed that I don't like this new stuff. This is probably a really smart move for this brand, it makes it much more consumer friendly.

I feel the same way... that's why I said that they jumped the shark - in otherwords trying to do what everyone else is doing in order to compete in that particular market.

I dont think its smart for MUFE to do this because pleanty of people already avoid buying from companies like MAC because of their ever changing lines.  The people I know that work with MUFE expect a certain "thing" from them... doing lines like this is fun, but that's what UD is for...

Im not mad at them, just saying... why?

Leave this stuff for Sephora or UD or even better leave the baked goods to Laura Geller. 

Finally got a chance to play with it. I really like it, but it is expensive which will put most people off. It costs more per weight than their regular shadows.

Oh, also 4 of the 6 shadows have sparkle. That may be a deciding factor for many.

Latest posts

Back