Must have M.A.C. product!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know alot of you probably won't believe this considering your massive collections of MAC products, but I've never bought any of their makeup. I went to the website and there is so much stuff I have no idea what to get. I am a big tight wad so can anyone suggest a product that I'll definitely like, so I won't feel like I'm wasting my money? I love shimmer products!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love their Sheertone Blushes,they have great texture!! Also if you like shimmer eyeshadows their frost eyeshadows are very good!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ikebana is a Mac expert and will help you more with Mac products!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lljy28 I know alot of you probably won't believe this considering your massive collections of MAC products, but I've never bought any of their makeup. I went to the website and there is so much stuff I have no idea what to get. I am a big tight wad so can anyone suggest a product that I'll definitely like, so I won't feel like I'm wasting my money? I love shimmer products!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

if you like shimmer products, you´ll probably like:

Irridescent Powders (either loose or pressed)

lustre or frost finish e/s

Mineralize Skinfinishes (if you can still get one...they´re LE. I LOVE THEM!!!)

Originally Posted by Arielle if you like shimmer products, you´ll probably like:
Irridescent Powders (either loose or pressed)

lustre or frost finish e/s

Mineralize Skinfinishes (if you can still get one...they´re LE. I LOVE THEM!!!)

Arielle, I just looked at the mineralize skin finish on the web site and they look very pretty! My skin is fair to medium cool tone so which color do you think would look best stereo rose or new vegas?

I sometimes think the swatches on the website is a poor judge for color choices. Everyone seems to really love Shimpagne and I went and checked it out at MAC and it looked to be a really great color that would suit almost anyone. I tried to buy it myself but they were sold out! If you can get your hands on it, it might be a good option for you.

i think it would be great for you to start with the eyeshadows b/c they are some of the less expensive and probably something you would use more often. Also their shimmer blushes are great. I love the shimmer you get from the skinfinishes as well.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'd suggest trying either a frost or a veluxe pearl eyeshadow! I think MAC's eyeshadows and the range of colours they have, is their best asset!

Definitely try out the VP e/s, eye kohls, and lipsticks! If you like shimmer, you may like the HyperReal Foundation--it gives you an iridescent glow all day! A great shimmer product to use over blush is the Iridescent Loose Powder in Golden Bronze, if you're olive toned or darker, or Silver Dusk, if you have lighter skin.

Check out the picture gallery. A lot of girls here have put real life swatches on there.

Check out the Lustrevision collection if you like shimmer.

My fave MAC product si the Tinted Lip Conditioners. I especially Love Petting Pink and SummerFete. They are silky and very moisturizing. They also taste great and have SPF.

Definately try the Skinfinishes if you can still find them! and also the Veluxe Eyeshadows rock! the pigments are also gorgeous! Have fun!!!

I love eyeshadows, so I would naturally say to go with one of those... However, I recently got Stereo Rose, and let me say WOW! I wish I had gotten it sooner so that I could have gotten ALL of the skin finishes...

Thanks so much for your input everyone! They're colors do look amazing I can't wait to buy something, but ther is so much to choose from.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'd suggest trying the e/s, lipglass, or maybe a Fluidline!! I don't think you could go wrong with anything though...
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back