Must have Stila brushes???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to take adventage of the 40% off sale Stila products. What Stila brushes are must have ones? I will be investing on the eye brushes mostly
icon_cheesygrin.gif

what store are you going to? have you figured out what the sale is? do you need to bring in some kind of coupon?

I am not going to a store because they have the sales in CA I think... Remember Laura posted the stores and phone numbers, I am going to call one of the stores she posted and get it mailed to me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz what store are you going to? have you figured out what the sale is? do you need to bring in some kind of coupon?

Will this be from a macys or nordstrom?, And if macys do you think they'll let us use our macys card over the phone? (I never tried that before)

I don't know any of that yet cause I didn't make the phone call yet. I want to get the must have brush list first
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Here is where I got the info :

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/showthread.php?t=8418

Originally Posted by mAra Will this be from a macys or nordstrom?, And if macys do you think they'll let us use our macys card over the phone? (I never tried that before)

Oh Okay, maybe I should call

Oh ya.. i love stila's #5 brush [for eyes]

Thanks, I will put it in my list
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Would you do me a favor and measure Stila #5 from one end to the other end? I am trying to see if it'll fit in my organizer
confused.gif
If not I'll get the short handle...

Originally Posted by mAra Oh Okay, maybe I should call
Oh ya.. i love stila's #5 brush [for eyes]

Originally Posted by lilla Thanks, I will put it in my list
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Would you do me a favor and measure Stila #5 from one end to the other end? I am trying to see if it'll fit in my organizer
confused.gif
If not I'll get the short handle... Sure
smile.gif
it is exactly 7 inches and 3 centimeters long and the brush head is about 2 centimeters and 1 milimeter wide.. hehe i got so precise there

If you don't already have eye brushes like them you need to get:

#9 #15
st_S01W_150.jpg
st_S068_150.jpg

I couldn't cope without #9 and #15
icon_smile.gif

I know you said you were specifically looking for eye brushes but I really like these face brushes and if there's 40% off now would be the time to get them as they're the most expensive:

#21 #24

Wow, that's big!!! Thanks sweetie, that helped me definitely
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by mAra Sure
smile.gif
it is exactly 7 inches and 3 centimeters long and the brush head is about 2 centimeters and 1 milimeter wide.. hehe i got so precise there

Lea, thanks for the info. I only have a few drug store brand eye brushes and I want to take the advantage of this sale to have some good ones
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell If you don't already have eye brushes like them you need to get:

#9 #15
st_S01W_150.jpg
st_S068_150.jpg

I couldn't cope without #9 and #15
icon_smile.gif

I know you said you were specifically looking for eye brushes but I really like these face brushes and if there's 40% off now would be the time to get them as they're the most expensive:

#21 #24

I have the # 5 brush, and although I like it to use with matt shadows it's the only one of my brushes that feels a bit scratchy after I've washed it. It's fine if I put a little bit of conditioner on it though.

Lea, I'm not sure if I want to get #5 now because I never use an e/brush that is 2 cm wide... I might use it all over the eye lid colour but I have a brush from Sonia Kashuk that is very nice for that
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Lealabell I have the # 5 brush, and although I like it to use with matt shadows it's the only one of my brushes that feels a bit scratchy after I've washed it. It's fine if I put a little bit of conditioner on it though.

I only use my #5 for packing on a whole lid colour with matt shades. I find it too difficult to handle for shimmery ones. I have 2 #9 brushes, I use one for applying washes of shimmery colours and the other as a blender brush.

Originally Posted by lilla I am not going to a store because they have the sales in CA I think... Remember Laura posted the stores and phone numbers, I am going to call one of the stores she posted and get it mailed to me.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
ahhh. ok. which store are you ordering from?
smile.gif

**Must not read this thread or else i'll be wanting Stila brushes too**

I'm already after ordering 11 shadows, an 8 Pan Palette & a CC!!

I will start calling the numbers one by one on the 8th. Whichever sends them out
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz ahhh. ok. which store are you ordering from?
smile.gif

Good for you sweetie. I am going on vacation so I am being good... Plus I want to get gwp from La Prairie at Nordstrom on the 15th
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura **Must not read this thread or else i'll be wanting Stila brushes too**
I'm already after ordering 11 shadows, an 8 Pan Palette & a CC!!

Thanks Trish, I shall! xxx

Originally Posted by Trisha My vote goes to #'s
4, 9, 15, 21 (you can do everything with those few)

And as Lea said, i think you should take advantage and get some face brushes

8, 21, 24

#4 is great. The best for lining. #7 is good for crease work too.

Whatever you buy, DON'T get #1!!! It sucks.
mad.gif

Latest posts

Back